Complaint Review: Scandifio Cane Corsos

• Updated: Sun, April 21, 2013

• Reported By: Jay — Baltimore Maryland
Scandifio Cane Corsos

Scandifio Cane Corsos Tony Scandy, Scandifio Unhealthy Pups Internet

I first dealt with Tony about 10 years ago.  I had been researching the Cane Corso breed for about 3 years before finally deciding to purchase one.  I came across Tony's site as well as a host of others.  I finally contacted him, we decided on a price of a pup.  I was supposed to be getting a show quality dog for 2000.00.

It finally came time for me to go pick my dog up.  I get there and he seemed like a very healthy pup.  Structuarally he was beautiful.

As the pup started getting older;  he started having some skin issues.  As it turns out; it was Mange.  I contacted Tony and told him what was going on.  He gave me a concoction to give him to clear it up.  It did indeed clear up, after about 3 months.

The next issue is that when the pup was about a year old;  I went to let him out of his kennel in the morning and he damn near couldn't walk.  I called Tony and he said it could be "pano".  After it persisted for a few days, I took the pup to the vet.  The vet told me his hips were shot before even doing the x-rays.  However, he did them anyway and it confirmed what he said.

I called Tony and told him the situation.  He was very understanding.  Since he had a 2 yr hip guarantee on his pups;  he told me to send him copies of the x-rays and he'd replace the pup with another.

Mr. Scandy was a man of his word.  I took the other pup back to Ohio for a replacement.  He said I could keep the other pup and just fix him.  The issue is that I didn't want to watch him suffer.

The new puppy again was extremely beautiful and playful.  However, he too has a host of skin issues.  I have taken the dog to 5 vets and had numerous blood and skin tests run and nobody can tell me what is causing the problems.  He just sheds like crazy and has bald patches and bloody sores on his back and legs.

I'm sure Tony's intentions are good with his breeding program.  I just think that he doesn't monitor the breedings as closely as he should.  I think sometimes he'll take a good looking dog that has what he deems to be a minor issue with skin or something and then still breed it.  It could be something that is hereditary.

He may just have so many people that are interested in his dogs that he gets caught up in just pumping pups out in order to fill the demand.

The dog I have now would be an awesome dog that I feel would do well in the show ring.  The issue with the skin is just too much of a problem to even try to enter him into a show.

I have no ill feelings towards Tony.  I think he's a nice guy.  I just think he needs to keep an eye on what he's breeding.

My wife and I are actuallly in the market for another Corso now.   Unfortunately;  I won't be able to bring myself to buy another dog from Tony, due to the issues I've had with the 2 I have gotten from him.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 04/21/2013 01:26 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Scandifio-Cane-Corsos/internet/Scandifio-Cane-Corsos-Tony-Scandy-Scandifio-Unhealthy-Pups-Internet-1045056. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Scandifio Cane Corsos