Complaint Review: Scentsy - Gretchen Stinson Consultant

• Updated: Sun, February 17, 2013

• Reported By: Chicagoaz — Glendale Arizona United States of America
Scentsy - Gretchen Stinson Consultant
Taylorville, Illinois United States of America

Scentsy - Gretchen Stinson Consultant Home Interior Ripoff Artist Taylorville, Illinois

*General Comment: Scentsy is a very reputable company with extremely reputable products

*UPDATE Employee: Sorry To Hear This

In March 2012 my wife purchased a warmer with wax scents from this consultant with whom she worked with at the time. My wife delivered a money order to this person which she confirmed. My wife was told it would take a few weeks for the delivery. While waiting for the delivery, my wife became gravely ill and was hospitalized. For about 60 days she was not able to go back to work. Apparently during this time, this consultant not only received the order but turned around and re-sold the warmer and scents we had already paid for with certified funds. Given, she had our home and cell numbers to notify us the delivery had arrived. When my wife asked her about the order in May after a partial recovery, this consultant told her she had sold the items and did not know when she could return the money that had been given to purchase the items. This consultant then proceeded to string my wife along for several weeks regarding a refund. We ended up contacting Scentsy HQ ourselves but had the runaround there too. It is obvious that Scentsy does not monitor nor care if their consultants have any business professionalism. We will NEVER purchase from Scentsy again. Let lone, through an unprofessional consultant like this one! If you see her or this company, watch out!!! It is easier to buy a cheaper product at Target or Walmart and know what you are getting.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 06/05/2012 03:25 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Scentsy-Gretchen-Stinson-Consultant/Taylorville-Illinois-/Scentsy-Gretchen-Stinson-Consultant-Home-Interior-Ripoff-Artist-Taylorville-Illinois-893343. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Scentsy - Gretchen Stinson Consultant

#1 General Comment

Scentsy is a very reputable company with extremely reputable products

AUTHOR: Tell it like it is... - (Canada)

It appears that you had a bad experience with the Consultant, and not the actual company Scentsy. I completely concur with wanting to never use the same Consultant but Scentsy is a very reputable company and make a very reputable product. That's just it, you don't know what you're getting at those big box stores. Scentsy does not contain any chemicals, something the competition can't guarantee. Each Consultant owns their own business and their business practices will reflect the amount of time they are in business. Perhaps you should take this consultant to small claims court.

Sorry To Hear This

AUTHOR: Kathy - (United States of America)

I am sorry to hear about this. I am a Scentsy Consultant. I hate to hear when a consultant does this to someone. It gives the company a bad name. I have been selling Scentsy for almost 1 year so far and I have had no problems. I am not sure why customer service treated you that way. I can only think maybe because we don't really work for Scentsy we are independent consultants.

I understand that you said you would never buy from Scentsy again and I understand that. We do have a great product and if you decide you would ever want to purchase from us I would be glad to be your consultant and I promise you that you will get great service.

Kathy Collura