• Report: #420358

• Submitted: Wed, February 04, 2009
  • Updated: Mon, April 20, 2009

• Reported By:fresno California
Scentura Creations - Distribution Company - C&S
Blackstone Ave Fresno, California U.S.A.

Scentura Creations - Distribution Company - C&S SCAMMERS LIARS THEIFS USERS LOOK OUT! Fresno California

*Consumer Suggestion: Six Flags Trip

*UPDATE EX-employee responds: Good for you Carrie!

I cant believe this place is still around nearly 13 years later. I answered an ad in the local newspaper that said: customer service no exp. will train. must be 18. fun office. must love music and people. i answered the ad and went to my interview and i was surprised when 2 other applicants were interviewed with me. I was asked to name 3 things about myself and to call back at such time and of course I was hired. Booker (the only name I remember) another man and a lady were the managers. I was told we would be trained and recieve daily pay and was fed with the dreams of having my own office in soo many weeks and that family would be jealous. I was told on the 1st day to "practice" selling on friends and family. My grandma felt sorry for me and bought a bottle and I took them the money and found out I would only be recieving $2 from the sale. The next day we were sent out in pairs to learn how to sell. We were sent to other cities in the county,mind you this was summertime and it was very hot outside. I foolishly believed I would actually sell the 100 bottles to get my own office. They had this wierd little dance they did when Booker said a certain word. He also made people do push ups if they yawned. We had to be there everyday even saturday,fridays was "fun" and we played games. A few weeks after being at this office,we suddenly moved
or "merged" with another office,supposedly because the managers at previous office were dishonest (per the phone call from Larry). We merged with another man and a girl named Jenny(i remember her names cause she supposedly was in this near fatal car accident). During this time everyone I knew was telling me i was being brainwashed and I didnt listen. I think I made maybe $30 in 2 months. They lied also and said they had sellers permits for every employee they didnt,me and several thers nearly got arrested once in a town about 30 miles from here. Management planned a "reward" to Six Flags saying they would be paying for our ticket to get in,the day before there was some kind of error on Scentura's end and we would be responsible for our own tickets and would be reimbursed later and i ended up not going as I was broke. I remember this "motivational" meeting where the manager asked if we would swim through a swimming pool filled with poop (he said $hit) for 1 million dollars and I said no and he reemed me for it. There was ALOT of swearing all the time there. I had decided to enroll in community college and told them i needed to leave early to take a placement test and the manager wrote on my hand a number 1 and told me I HAD to sell a bottle at school before I came in the next day. I quit the next day.These people need to be put of of business for good.

Carrie
fresno, California

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 02/04/2009 09:18 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Scentura-Creations-Distribution-Company-CS/Fresno-California/Scentura-Creations-Distribution-Company-CS-SCAMMERS-LIARS-THEIFS-USERS-LOOK-OUT-Fres-420358. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Scentura Creations - Distribution Company - C&S

#1 Consumer Suggestion

AUTHOR: John - (U.S.A.)

Count yourself lucky you passed on the Six Flags 'reward'. You would have been required to sell bottles of the weasel piss to unsuspecting park patrons. Your manager would have used any profits you made to 'reimburse' you for the trip.

#2 Consumer Suggestion

#3 Consumer Suggestion

#4 UPDATE EX-employee responds

Good for you Carrie!

AUTHOR: David - (U.S.A.)

Carrie, read my report here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/reports/0/141/RipOff0141528.htm

Carrie, I was "employed" by Platinum Marketing, aka, Scentura Creations at their San Bernardino, CA location. C&S Marketing was referred to on a daily basis as the gold standard for success. Mark Grey, dunno if you've heard the name, who is supposedly a Regional Manager, is or was in charge of the C&S office. You know, come to think of it, I actually received a phone call, long after I worked for Platinum, from a guy claiming to own C&S Marketing. He attempted to rip me a new one for my comments on this website, how professional is that? Calling an ex-employee, who never actually worked for you, and polluting his ear drums with profanity, wonderful.

I'm very happy that you got out soon.