Complaint Review: Schemegame.com

• Updated: Tue, October 18, 2011

• Reported By: Jacob — Tallahassee Florida United States of America
Schemegame.com

Schemegame.com "Free" Trial really costs $39.95 Internet, Internet

I was looking for an online way to download the game Pokemon: Yellow Version because my buddy and I had a bet as to who could beat it first. I typed "pokemon yellow" into Google and a website (schemegame.com) was listed so I clicked the link to check it out. I quickly found out that to download games on the website, you had to sign up for a membership and conveniently, there was a five-day "free" membership that was available. I chose this option because I was only downloading one game.

I then realized that this website did not offer the game I was looking for, that Google had led me to the wrong place. Realizing this, I navigated to the support link on the website to cancel my account. When I signed up for the account, they asked for my credit card information but promised they wouldn't bill me without me knowing first. Just to be sure there wouldn't be any hidden fees, I wanted to cancel my account. When I clicked the link to cancel my account, a message popped up that said my account was invalid, possibly because it had been cancelled already.

I checked my bank statement a few days later and saw that this website charged me $39.95 for my supposedly "free" service. I emailed the site and am awaiting a reply. Do not trust these people. My father is an assistant state attorney and I am planning on bringing their legal department to court to have their website taken offline.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 10/18/2011 12:41 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Schemegamecom/internet/Schemegamecom-Free-Trial-really-costs-3995-Internet-Internet-790211. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Schemegame.com