Complaint Review: Schmidt Baking Company

• Updated: Thu, March 21, 2013

• Reported By: Steve R — Winchester Virginia
Schmidt Baking Company
601 South Caroline Street Baltimore, Maryland United States of America

Schmidt Baking Company NE Foods, H&S Bakery unpaid wages, arrogant refusal Baltimore, Maryland

I worked for this company for over 6 years. They decided to "sell" the delivery routes in May 2012. I did not purchase a route. I was told I 'needed to stick around and help out till I was no longer needed', in order to get severance pay. 3 weeks later the said I was no longer needed, as in "fired" to keep severance from me. I got all the monies owed to me EXCEPT 1 week of wages before the 'fired' part. I inquired and even said I will take them to court and the "owner", not manager pretty much laughed in my face over email and wished me luck because he had more money than me. It's been 4 months since that happened, and I have been unemployed for the past 10 months. Now in my home state, a right to work state, it clarifies that you can get up to 14x the amount owed for unpaid wages. What about Virginia? It is a right to work state but the only info for unpaid wages is if it less than $2500 then you proceed to court and leave the Dept. of Labor for Virgina State alone. I have researched countless hours online and found that I can get "free" medical info.. EVERYWHERE! Information for this particular 'legal' question, MUST PAY lots of money, WHY? Furthermore my stubs said I worked only 48 hours a week, commission sales only, when it was reality of 60 to 80 hours a week. Actually worked 12 to 16 hours a day for five days, DRIVING and delivering product. Had to 'phrase' the stubs to not get in trouble with Federal DOT. Almost 90% of the 'newly' and older route 'owners' have made a significant amount of LESS money than promised.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 03/21/2013 09:47 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Schmidt-Baking-Company/Baltimore-Maryland-21231/Schmidt-Baking-Company-NE-Foods-HS-Bakery-unpaid-wages-arrogant-refusal-Baltimore-Mary-1036667. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Schmidt Baking Company