Complaint Review: Schmoozecom

• Updated: Sat, March 09, 2013

• Reported By: Mark — Miami Florida United States of America
Schmoozecom
1351 Kimberly Dr. Neenah, Wisconsin United States of America

Schmoozecom FreePBX Fraud, Misrepresentation, Failed to Deliver as Promised Neenah, Wisconsin

*Author of original report: Tony Lewis

*UPDATE Employee: Response to Mark J Cetola with Consumer Collection Advocates

*Author of original report: Previous Unamed Head Of Biz Dev

*Author of original report: Propaganda

*UPDATE Employee: Response to Defamation

Preston McNair and the head of business development, charged me $750 for their faulty Xact Dialer module add on to FreePBX

- There was no manual

- No mention of refund policy

- No support offered

One day after purchase, a refund was requested due to the performance of the product, which was not even close to as advertised.

I was repeatedly cursed at and hung up by everyone from support, Preston McNair, and the unidentified "Head of Business Development"

Anyone who wants to do business with then is strongly urged to find ANY one of the many competitors because they will either make your live miserable, or in my case, out right defraud you.

One day after purchase, and no refund.  I am fighting them with the credit card company, will update this report with the results.

Anyone who wants to ask me about my experience, please contact on this form as it notifies me via email and will respond IMMEDIATELY.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 03/08/2013 12:25 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Schmoozecom/Neenah-Wisconsin-54956/Schmoozecom-FreePBX-Fraud-Misrepresentation-Failed-to-Deliver-as-Promised-Neenah-Wisco-1025636. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Schmoozecom

AUTHOR: WCM - Rebuttal - (United States of America)

Not sure why anybody would believe any of the information in the last response, however more important is the length Tony Lewis will go to avoid every question I have put forward to him and Schmoozecom's use of deceptive trade practices.

My previous response shows the "Cesaer-like" vernacular Tony Lewis uses.  He seems to feel like he can control earth, wind, and fire to "squash" a "rodent" like me (re-read below).

To summarize, it is my opinion that you should avoid this company and use one of the many solid competitors out there.  They have admitted they would have complied with the charge back, threatened a client, insulted a client, and besmirched a client right here on this forum.

If they are doing it to me, they have done it before, and they'll do it to you...

******

I hope you

like the power of our legal team. We will squash you like the little

rodent you are. I suggest you remove that immediately before legal

action is taken by this evening.

Department: Sales Request

***No Tony Lewis, this report will never come down, no matter what***

Response to Mark J Cetola with Consumer Collection Advocates

AUTHOR: Employee - (USA)

Once again, if you have read down this far in researching our company or products we would like to provide the following additional information to clarify Mr. Cetola's above misinformation.  If you still have questions concerning this product or any of our other products and services, we'll be glad to review any questions or concerns you may have directly, please feel free to contact us, or any of the millions of users of our software.

Here is a recording of the type of messages we received from
Mark J. Cetola - Managing Director
Consumer Collection Advocates
www.ConsumerCollectionAdvocates.com
1001 W Cypress Creek Road
Fort Lauderdale, FL 33309

Play Recording of Mark J Cetola

Text of recording for those viewing this post on a mobile device: "...don't be such a little c_nt, I'm going to go f_ck your sister if you don't call me back, f_ggot."

As for false statements made by Mr. Cetola in his last couple of post:

"During the demo with Preston, I specifically asked if I could run 150 concurrent calls with their faulty product.  His answer was a "yes".  No discussion about how they needed 3 channels per concurrent call, which would overload ANY internet service.  No disclaimer whatsoever."

Mr. Cetola's statement about  3 channels per concurrent calls being used by the software is completely false, the software uses three channels internally on the PBX, only 1 channel per call is sent out of the PBX to the telephony provider.  This was explained to Mr. Cetola in detail.  The software also allows you to control the number of concurrent calls placed at any one time, so as not to overload your trunks,  and Mr. Cetola was told that many times as well.  His issue, based on the information provided in his trouble ticket if that can be believed, is that his carrier most likely shut him down for Robo-Dialing which is against the terms of service for most internet and voice providers service contracts, and most importantly a big no no for those in the legitimate collection business, which as the Managing Director of his business I would expect he should be aware.

In his first call to us a couple of weeks before his purchase he demanded to be transferred to support to try and get a different answer about the predictive capabilities of the product, when it was explained to him it was not a predictive dialer, Mr. Cetola was rude and condescending, not only was he verbally told it is not a predictive dialer.  It is stated in our user guide, and on our product pages: "Please note this is not a predictive dialer and is designed to broadcast messages to your call list."

Mr. Cetola then called back the following week, to inquire about the product again, like he was a different person.  Mr. Cetola was told specifically that this is not a predictive dialer, again many times, and at that point he had even requested that we write custom code for him to turn this into a predictive dialer, which we refused to do for him.  His response on the matter after the demo calls were made to his phone, was "wow that works just like I need it to, I'm going to order it tomorrow."

Concerning his quote stating:
"I asked for a refund ONE DAY after purchase due to the negligence on part of the sales staff, but especially Preston."

In his ticket asking for a refund he specifically stated: "we are blowing out Comcast nodes, so its not even a fixable bandwidth issue"  And on his calls to us about the ticket he stated the product worked, and that "my 'phone guy' uses this and your services all the time, and loves you,  in fact he uses the commercial version of your PBX software not the free version!"

When Mr. Cetola requested to re-schedule his online demo with us his reason for changing the original time was  " let's reschedule it for another time.  I thought I had everything figured out with my termination carrier but apparently that is not the case..."  This was several days prior to him purchasing this software.

So it seems Mr. Cetola's only problem is our software works too good then? As well as his surprise that a company will not give an unwarranted refund when you tell their sales reps "...don't be such a little c_nt, I'm going to go f_ck your sister if you don't call me back, f_ggot."

Thanks for reading this wall of text...Once again,  If you still have questions concerning our products, we'll be glad to review any questions or concerns you may have directly, please feel free to contact  us, or go ask any of the millions of happy users of our software.

Previous Unamed Head Of Biz Dev

AUTHOR: WCM - Rebuttal - (United States of America)

The previously unnamed Head of Biz Dev who cursed me out and hung up when I asked for a refund one day after purchase, admitting he "would" have allowed the refund only IF yada yada yada

See attached image

Propaganda

AUTHOR: WCM - Rebuttal - (United States of America)

If that rebuttal looked like a Marketing/PR release, it is exactly that, nothing more nothing less.

I was kept on hold for 20 minutes at a time, then when I finally got on the phone with the "Head of Business Development" he refused to give his name, and hung up on me after a profanity laced refusal.  Preston also refused to give the persons name, or answer any calls after this.  Some support!

If you have nothing to hide, then why hide people's names?

My original point is the same and simple.  Xact dialer is a faulty product, the sales department (Preston McNair) uses deceptive trade practices to induce people to buy, and the support staff is incompetent in how to work their own products.

Below are a few "friendly" responses I've gotten from their head support guy Tony Lewis :
I dont care if it cost me 5 grand you will not get a penny of that money back with how
you have behaved. You have now made this my personal agenda and I am
calling you company to report your behavior and play the call recordings
to your bosses. I hope they fire you today.

******

I hope you
like the power of our legal team. We will squash you like the little
rodent you are.
I suggest you remove that immediately before legal
action is taken by this evening.

Department: Sales Request

Response to Defamation

AUTHOR: Schmooze Com Inc - (United States of America)

If you are reading this and are a potential customer or client, feel free to give us a call to discuss this ripoff report, we stand behind and support our products 100% and our software is running on literally millions of systems and has been downloaded over 5 million times as of the date of this article. Our company develops software that is in used on and runs millions of systems across the planet, and this is the first ripoffreport that you will see associated with us, as we pride ourselves in our products and support services.  However this is not Marks first time on this site http://www.ripoffreport.com/world-capital-mutual/financial-services/miami-florida-024af.htm he seems to be a regular here, but with the Fraud listings coming from his customers, client and employees of the various nafarious enterprises he is associated with.

Our company was contacted by Mark over 10 days before he purchased our software.  The functionality was explained several times, in several different calls, with the sales department as well as our support department. We also completed an online demonstration of the software on a live system, the day before his purchase, including processing calls directly to Mark's phone, and Mark was excited and determined it would fit his needs, and said he would purchase the next day in our online store.

Our online store has safeguards in place to make sure the software is compatible with the end users systems prior to even allowing them to add software to their shopping cart to check out.  All software we provide has an in depth User Guide, which Mark mentioned on one of the sales calls, and is also available in the product listings on our website, and is specifically listed in our wiki that covers our products.

When Mark purchased the software he agreed to to our Software Terms of Service which is also posted on our website, in our online store, along with our Refund Policy.
As for the claims he was repeatedly cursed at and hung up on, all of our support calls are recorded, at no point was Mark cursed at or hung up on.  In fact the only cursing that occurred was by Mark when he left the following voice mail on an employees voicemail after repeatedly calling and harassing us "...don't be such a little c_nt, I'm going to go f_ck your sister if you don't call me back, f_ggot."

Mark is also recorded telling several support staff that the software works fine, and even in his own correspondence to us stated that the problem he had was related to something else entirely.
Since being denied a refund per our TOS,  Mark has continued to harass our staff including an extortion attempt prior to posting here, about creating a ripoffreport and when confronted with the call recordings on the matter and asked to retract this report he stated The report is entirely accurate, nor will it EVER be removed.  Looking forward to getting that refund, one way or another. Guaranteed this will cost you more time and money than you can imagine.
We have contacted our legal departments to address the defamation in Marks report, and they will be addressing this with him on both a personal level and with the employer that he was representing.