Complaint Review: Schneider National Carriers

• Submitted: Mon, July 21, 2008
  • Updated: Mon, January 05, 2009

• Reported By:Dallas Texas
Schneider National Carriers
www.schneider.com Green Bay, Wisconsin U.S.A.

Schneider National Carriers Lease program a rip off! Green Bay Wisconsin

*Consumer Comment: Schneider Is so perfect

*Consumer Comment: sour grapes

I drove for Schneider National Carriers for a year as a company driver, then decided to try to become an owner operator through thier tractor lease to own program.

The deck was stacked against me before I ever left the yard due to several factors: High fuel costs (fuel surcharge was never enough even when driving slower than company trucks), low miles due to dispatcher/ truck constantly being in shop for repairs (truck was a complete lemon).

For 8 months I struggled to make a profit, but could never make it. Schneiders lease program is a sham and it is impossible to succeed unless you violate DOT rules.

Parley
Dallas, Texas

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 07/21/2008 10:21 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Schneider-National-Carriers/Green-Bay-Wisconsin/Schneider-National-Carriers-Lease-program-a-rip-off-Green-Bay-Wisconsin-353653. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Schneider National Carriers

Schneider Is so perfect

AUTHOR: Charles - (U.S.A.)

According to people schneider doesn't do anything wrong or bad they are they are the most perfect trucking out there.

That Is a load of crap. Schneider Is like any other major trucking company.

sour grapes

AUTHOR: Grumpy - (U.S.A.)

I started with Schneider in 1995, to date I average over 3200 miles per wk I decided to lease a truck from Schneider Finance in 2003 and become a independent contractor. I leased a 2004 387 Peterbuilt, truck performed beautiful, other than normal maintenance all I replaced was a water pump and fan clutch (fan clutch warrantied thru dealer) I chose to upgrade this tractor in June 2006. SFI purchased my truck back and I leased a new 2007 Freightliner Century with an APU. I have had more than my share of trouble with this truck. I now have 409,000 miles on it and to date have replaced the cyl head twice, cut the counter bores on cyl's 2,3,4 , replaced the radiator
turbo, all six fuel injectors and the transmission control computer (eaton 10sp ultra shift) even with the down time due to truck repair, the truck will gross aprox $200,000
this year (thanks to my fuel surcharge!) I've grossed to the truck over $175,000 the last three years. I'm not getting rich, but sure could do a lot worse! SFI also went to bat for me on the fuel injector work as the dealer wanted to charge me $4600.00 after Dan from SFI called the dealer I paid nothing!!! I've made a good living working both for and with Schneider. The company is a class act. They did not become the largest truck load carrier because they rip people off. I'm sorry you could not get the miles or keep your rig on the road. Sounds like a personal problem. I've been both a employer and employee, driving and or repairing trucks since the 1980's Not everyone is cut out to drive trucks or be an owner operator. Hope you find your nitch in life, but you can't blame Schneider for your failures. Good luck, and God Bless, Grumpy
Wal-Mart.com USA, LLC