Complaint Review: Schneider National

• Updated: Thu, May 17, 2012

• Reported By: Anonymous — trevor Wisconsin United States of America
Schneider National
3101 Packerland Drive Green Bay, Wisconsin United States of America

Schneider National Doesn't train you, expects you to self teach. Emotionally abusive and charges you for it. Don't sign the contract! Green Bay, Wisconsin

*General Comment: I thought they gave up training.

I come from a family of CDL's.  Almost half of my family on both sides have them so I thought I would give OTR a try.  Schneider accepted me and I drove three hours north into green bay.  After being taught company rules for a week they threw me right behind the wheel.  I was under the impression they would be teaching me how to drive first not just throwing me behind the wheel.  The driver "turbo" was emotionally abusive.  Constantly distracting me while insulting me.

At one point violently shook the shifter because I have a habit of tapping the shifter to make sure its not in neutral.  As I previously drove stick.  At one point actually said "If you kill anyone I'm not responsible."  He was telling me with way too little time to make a turn to turn.  Then allowed me to drive downtown green bay, in the rain, in construction after telling me he's not responsible if I kill someone.  I tried to ask him to drive without trying to sound wimpy that I couldn't drive anymore.

He said "no, your going to drive."  By the time I got back to the terminal I was frantic in the hotel room.  I signed out at the desk.  Had a nervous breakdown on the way home, and sometime after dark I stopped crying and finally started to calm down.  Now all I have to show for it is $3,000 dollars on my credit report that to this day I still haven't been able to pay.  There as a constant reminder and has prevented me from ever thinking of any class of CDL in the future.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 05/17/2012 11:50 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Schneider-National/Green-Bay-Wisconsin-54313/Schneider-National-Doesnt-train-you-expects-you-to-self-teach-Emotionally-abusive-and-884151. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Schneider National

#1 General Comment

I thought they gave up training.

AUTHOR: MartyMarsh - (United States of America)

But why didn't you just go back and ask them to send you with someone else.It is obvious that not everyone is going to get along,and this guy sounds like a clown.Also I'm not picking on you but you sound a little whimpy,you should have stuck up for yourself and told him,I'm here to learn not take your crap.Also he can say what he wants,but if you had run over someone after telling him that you where afraid to drive he may not have been legally responsible but I bet he would have been out of a job.

So where do you go from here,I don't know,but I can tell you after 39 years I wish I had done something else.

I wish you nothing but the best and God Bless.

martym5@hotmail.com