Complaint Review: School Of Attraction

14/309 Kent St, Sydney NSW 2000 Internet United States of America

School Of Attraction Bootcamp Rip Off, No Advice of Help Sydney Internet

*REBUTTAL Owner of company: Goundy is a local competitor

*Consumer Comment: Similar Experiences With SOA

*Consumer Comment: School Of Attraction Coach Damien Diecke Has Dubious Abilities In Seduction

*REBUTTAL Owner of company: Fake Report Suspected But Eager to Help Otherwise

School of attraction is a prominent Sydney based dating company, which purports to teach men how to 'pickup' women whilst 'in-field' at prominent Sydney night clubs and day time hot spots like the Ivy, the Argyle and the surrounding CBD like Pitt St.

I attended a three day weekend bootcamp during the begining of this year, with high hopes that I'll be able to learn the personality traits and skill set required in order to attract women, or at least not come off as yet another male 'friend' everytime I make an advance towards a girl I like.

The initial part of the three day bootcamp consisted of a lecture and class session detailing basic pickup theory about what women are attracted to, and how to go about conveying such attributes through one's body language, mannerisms and conversational skills. The pickup theory was actually very good, and quite sound, which gave me a lot of self-assurance about going into the night club later that night. [continued below]....
..... That is where the good stuff ended, and the res tof the bootcamp after that was one big waste of time and money.

The first venue we went to was a night club called 'the ivy' which is a very prominent and famous club in Sydney. I was hoping to be able to see Damien at least talk to a couple of women, just to see how the theory was put into practice, instead, what Damien told us to do was approach women in the club, and afterwards he'll come and debrief us about what we did wrong, and what we could work on. I was very dissapapointed in this type of approach, I figured out though this must just be the way it is and didn't complain. The other two guys on the bootcamp were equally just as nervous as I was, and for most of the night, I was the only one who actually made any geuine attempt whatsoever in meeting women and trying to talk with them. Most of the time my nervousness and lack of confidence was glaringly obvious, and that prevented me from getting anywhere with most of the interactions.

The secound night we went to a night club called the Argyle that followed the same format, of Damien sitting on the outskirts of the club somewhere by himself, and getting us three to approach. It was a real hard night this time, none of the women I tried to speak to even stopped to give me the time of day. The advice and assistance Damien gave was abysmal to say the least. He'd debrief us with information like, 'Be more confident", "Relax your body language" etc. Damien for the large part of both nights, just sat somehwere out of sight whilst talking with the other students. We were at the club to meet women, or at least learn the skill set to do so, instead of encouraging the other two students to do something, they were worshipping him with a yoda like praise. Now that I think about it, Damien is a very friendly and amiable person, and I wish him the best of luck in whatever he does. When it comes to knowledge about pickup, he is bar none one of the most well-informed out there. It's just that putting this theory into action is absent, I didn't see him approach and talk to even one girl during the entirety of the bootcamp both nights. What's the point of all this theory if you can't execute what you preach?

The next day consisted of all three of us doing a day game session, which was better in terms of content and action taken by the instructor, but not by much.

All in all, the 1200 Australian dollars I paid wasn't worth it. If you are goign to open up a pickup or dating school for men, it's to be expected that the instructor or fouder at least be able to show the students how to go about talking with women and potentially get some phone numbers. Damien just espoused theory during the entirety of the bootcamp, he is a great public speaker, who can't put into practice what he preaches. I suggest anyone thinking of attending a School of Attraction bootcamp, go to the ivy on Friday, and the Argyle on Saturday nights, and observe the way he teaches and if he actually makes the effort to show his students how to talk to women, and come to your own conclusions.

I suggest though you save your money for a holiday, try online dating or a match making service instead.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 04/28/2013 12:46 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/School-Of-Attraction/internet/School-Of-Attraction-Bootcamp-Rip-Off-No-Advice-of-Help-Sydney-Internet-1046773. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on School Of Attraction

#1 REBUTTAL Owner of company

Goundy is a local competitor

AUTHOR: SchoolOfAttraction - ()

Please be advised that the author known both as Diabetes and Goundy (same individual) is a local competitor here in Sydney. He has never completed a School of Attraction course.

He was removed from a local forum due to complaints from numberous other members.

We have never used any type of pressure tactics on our clients, in fact we abhor that type of business behaviour and it's part of our policy to prefer to lose a sale than to pressure someone into parting with their hard earned money.

Similar Experiences With SOA

AUTHOR: Diabetes Type 2 - ()

I also attended a boot camp with the School of Attraction. The difference between the person in this repprt and my experiences though, is that I attended a boot camp with them 3 years ago. I was really dissapointed about Damien Diecke and his lack abilities in seduction. As the head coach of a company which claims to be able to help any guy get good with women, Damien Diecke's inability to show his skill-set was overtly evident when out with him. The problem with the money back guarantee offer, is that many clients are afraid to ask for it due to the type of person who even contemplates attending a seduction course. Back in those days I had chronic self-esteem issues and despite the services being sub-par, I did not possess the ability to ask for a refund.

Now though that I've matured, I understand the responsibility rested on my shoulders and accept full blame for this. The problem with SOA is they qctively target low self-esteem men. Let me assure you the other men on the boot camp were suffering from the same affliction as myself. What I will say is the company has an unethical sales and marketing campaign that uses pressure tactics in acquiring customers. I was approached by a sales representative consisting of a man and an attractive girl in Pitt st, Sydney, that shamed me into giving my contact details. Another boot camp student I was with, got cold called. How did Damien and his company get his contact details? Also Damien Diecke and his partner Diviya Nand have actively created a singles group on meetup, Sydney, and organises events under the ptetense of bringing singles together, but uses meetup to market their school. Damien also has appropriated the Sydney pick up website Sydney Sarge, and heavily markets himself on another pick up companies group on facebook, called "RSD Inner-Circle, Sydney." The lengths that Damien will go to in order to rip off men who are suffering from loneliness and take advantage of their situation financially is despicable. I suggest any person thinking about attending a SOA boot camp to think twice. Everything Damien told me and his coaching, can be acquired free online with a bit of searching. Don't be fooled by his claims of trying to discredit this report by claiming it is potentially fake.

I also experienced the same thing as well. There are cheaper and better alternatives than SOA. Ultimately think about the premise about the entire pick up industry, and the notion that you can trick women into liking you with a set of pre-established routines, or inner-psychology tricks to elevate one's self-esteem, is a ridiculous premise. Treating women like machines incapable of determining for themselves who they choose to date and have sexual relations with, is a form of objectification. Going to clubs or the streets with a "coach" to practice on women, is degrading.

School Of Attraction Coach Damien Diecke Has Dubious Abilities In Seduction

AUTHOR: Goundy - ()

The problem with the money back guarantee offer, is that many clients are afraid to ask for it due to the type of person who even contemplates attending a seduction course. Back in those days I had chronic self-esteem issues and despite the services being sub-par, I did not possess the ability to ask for a refund. Now though that I've matured, I understand the responsibility rested on my shoulders and accept full blame for this. The problem with SOA is they qctively target low self-esteem men. Let me assure you the other men on the boot camp were suffering from the same affliction as myself.

Don't be fooled by his claims of trying to discredit this report by claiming it is potentially fake. I also experienced the same thing as well. There are cheaper and better alternatives than SOA.

David, aka., Goundy

#4 REBUTTAL Owner of company

Fake Report Suspected But Eager to Help Otherwise

AUTHOR: SOA - ()

I'd like to suggest that this report appears to be a fake for a number of reasons.

1) All of our coaching programs are backed by a 110% money back guarantee, an unhappy client only needed to tell us on the last session that he felt we didn't help him and we would have refunded his money in full plus an extra 10% to apologise for time wasted. We have never had a legitimate money back request made in 4 years. If the writer was an unhappy client, why didn't he simply ask for his money back, rather than lose the money and complain online?

2) Our weekend bootcamps don't include any lecture/class section as suggested in the report. These events are all practical, the only theory in these sessions is delivered in-field

3) Our weekend bootcamps all involve 2 night sessions and 2 day sessions. This report suggests only 1 day session was included.

4) If my ability to approach as a coach was called under question on a night, I would have been happy to demonstrate. We are very eager to help our clients any way we can.

Any men interested to work with us are offered the opportunitey to be connected directly with past students by phone to discuss their experience with us. Many past studnets are more than happy to talk to potential students becaue they are so grateful for the help we've given them. We have always been very open and candid about the results our clients recieve with us.

I am very eager to assist any client who is unhappy with their experience with us. If this client is indeed a real client, all they needed to do was email us and we would have worked hard to extend further help.

That help is still on offer. If the writer of this article can prove to us directly that they have indeed attended a workshop and they are unhappy I'd like to offer a free 4 hour in-field coaching session with myself the head coach during which I'm happy to demonstrate approaches and generally help in any way that I can.