Complaint Review: Schwan's Food Home Delivery

• Reported By: Brigitte — Cortland Ohio
Schwan's Food Home Delivery
Internet USA

Schwan's Food Home Delivery false and deceiving advertising Internet

I ordered a box of fish from their (Schwan's) catalog, which was advertised as being wild caught off the coast of New Zealand. When I received it, and unfortunately after I cooked it, I noticed that it said 'Wild caught in China' on the box. I am very upset because I make it a point never to buy any food products from China.

Then I called the company's consumer relations department and spoke with a woman. First she lied to me and told me that the fish was from New Zealand and was then shipped to China to be de-boned, skinned and cut into filets. When I told her I did not believe her because it said 'wild caught in China', not processed in China, she changed her story and told me that there are two seasons for this fish, one when it's caught in China, and another when it's caught in New Zealand. I told her I did not believe anything she said and obviously should not believe anything it says in their catalog either.

I am not asking for my money back, I should have checked the box after receiving it instead of just relying on what it said in the catalog. I just want everyone to know that this company is dishonest and using deception to make their money. Beware!!!

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 06/29/2013 06:04 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Schwans-Food-Home-Delivery/internet/Schwans-Food-Home-Delivery-false-and-deceiving-advertising-Internet-1063037. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Schwan's Food Home Delivery