Complaint Review: Schwartz Mazda

• Updated: Mon, November 26, 2012

• Reported By: Joseph — Shrewsbury New Jersey United States of America
Schwartz Mazda
585 Shrewsbury Ave, Shrewsbury, New Jersey United States of America

Schwartz Mazda Jim Schwartz RipOff Liar Untrustworthy Fraudulent Shrewsbury, New Jersey

*REBUTTAL Owner of company: Liars never prosper!!!

This was my worst car buying experience ever! They didn't follow through on the deal I had seen advertised on a commercial. We were there haggling for prices and options for hours with them trying to constantly up-sell us.  They pulled the old we made a mistake and will honor this deal now but if you leave the dealership, we will rescind the offer. They also charged me for GAP insurance when I had declined it.

They charged me $199 for window etching, which was said to be optional, and I verbally declined.  I was also charge $249 preferred customer charge I have no idea what this is.  You would think it should be a discount if youre a preferred customer. They dont want anything to do with you once youre out the door.    When I called the dealership to remedy the situation the management was extremely rude an unprofessional. The GM had no couth and was very rude.  He yelled at me over the phone after a dozen attempts just to get a hold of him.

Every time I asked to talk to the owners, the Schwartz who do those knock off Star Wars commercials in their underwear (probably because after you deal with them thats all you have left when you leave) Im told they are on vacation, and no one at the dealership will talk to me or help me.

It was honestly the worst car shopping experience I have ever had, and I have had a few doozies, and I regret giving them a third chance. I truly wonder how they have been in business as long as they have. Avoid at all costs, because their number one answer to customer service is avoidance.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 08/07/2012 12:14 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Schwartz-Mazda/Shrewsbury-New-Jersey-07702/Schwartz-Mazda-Jim-Schwartz-RipOff-Liar-Untrustworthy-Fraudulent-Shrewsbury-New-Jersey-923732. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Schwartz Mazda

#1 REBUTTAL Owner of company

Liars never prosper!!!

AUTHOR: Schwartz Mazda /Suzuki - (United States of America)

I have attached a copy of your buyer order. You will see the "Preferred Customer" and "Window etch " are on the buyers order, BUT NOT added into your total. Your selling price was $5500 and the taxable amount was $5500. You did NOT pay for those items. You may have had bad experiences at other dealers BUT at Schwartz and Sons we DO NOT JAM customers. We have built a good reputation for almost 100 years and certainly want our customers to refer us. Please don't hesitate to call me with any questions.