• Report: #181984

• Submitted: Sat, March 18, 2006
  • Updated: Thu, May 11, 2006

• Reported By:Bakersfield California
Scooter Store
Independence Dr. New Braunfels, Texas U.S.A.

Scooter Store ripoff New Braunfels Texas

*UPDATE EX-employee responds: The Scooter Store Los Angeles

*Consumer Comment: One Question

*Author of original report: Medicare has informed The Scooter Store to refund ALL monies or Medicare will pull The Scooter Store's Federal Medicare Certification

*Author of original report: Scooter Store New Braunfels Texas

This 47 year old lady with severe rheumatoid arthritis, spinal stenosis and spinal scoliosis, has a Jet3 power wheelchair from The Scooter Store. One month after delivery of said chair, my husband and I made a service call and we've put in service calls approximately every few months. The Scooter Store has replaced everything BUT the frame of said chair. In fall of 2005, two years later, Scooter Store sent a letter of separation, they want no more phone calls, claiming we made threats against them, they've also claimed that they notified Medicare that they will no longer do business with us; all claims are false. All the Scooter Store cares about is the money, not the customers and they are defrauding insurers and private payers of the money, especially Medicare's clients of their hard earned tax money.

Scooter Store has taken away my independence, I am now home bound, I have no joy, just depression because I am completely dependant on my husband to run errands most all the time. We can not go out to dinner, etc.

Scooter Store makes their gears/tranmission parts out of non-ferrous metals; i.e. copper, brass, aluminum instead of steel.

Scooter Store has refused to send parts to my husband so he can fix my power chair for me. We have contacted: BBB, other mobiity suppliers, the Texas Attny. General, Medicare Fraud, Inspector General's office, media, even the White House and about the only government office that we've had any luck with is our Congressman's office. As for the media, only one news station will air the story IF we decide to file a lawsuit, but we will only be able to file a small claims lawsuit against Scooter Store. We are waiting on another local news station and the Montel Williams Show.

Scooter Store claims that Medicare only approved paying for this Jet3 power chair for indoor use only, NOT indoor/outdoor use!

Audrey
Bakersfield, California

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 03/18/2006 06:34 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Scooter-Store/New-Braunfels-Texas-78131/Scooter-Store-ripoff-New-Braunfels-Texas-181984. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Scooter Store

#1 UPDATE EX-employee responds

The Scooter Store Los Angeles

AUTHOR: Anonymous - (U.S.A.)

I am quite familiar with your situation Audrey. I have met you several times. First of all, the powerchair provided to you was not the proper chair for you. Also, The Scooter Store did not properly train their employees on delivery or servicing of their powerchairs in the Los Angeles distribution center. Their employees were hired to deliver powerchairs. After the service technician position was eliminated, all delivery personnel were told that they had to deliver and now service these powerchairs. Delivery personnel had no knowledge of service issues. Service at The Scooter Store is not a priority. Delivering powerchairs is their bread and butter. Every time someone went out to service your powerchair they were clueless. It is unfortunate that you are going through this ordeal because of The Scooter Store's incompetency.

The Scooter Store values their image considerably. They cover up what they don't want the public to hear. They use pity and guilt trips to prey on medicare beneficiaries. Medicare needs to wake up before companies like this one fleece America and leave the disabled and the elderly helpless. The Scooter Store has been investigated by the FBI. Due to the outcome of these investigatons, and The Scooter Store's shady business practices, The Dept Of Justice has filed a lawsuit against the The Scooter Store. I urge the government to be more vigilant and contact present and past employees for more information about TSSI policies and business practices.

Audrey, I stumbled on to your post. I recall you being a very nice sweet lady. I wish you the best and hope that everything works out for you.
I can verify credibilty with you if you need further info.

Anonymous user
Southern California

How much did you actually pay for the scooter?

AUTHOR: Audrey - (U.S.A.)

Recived a phone call from Mr. Majestic on Thursday of last week with this update. We keep and do whatever we want with my power wheelchair from The Scooter Store. Medicare has informed The Scooter Store to refund ALL monies or Medicare will pull The Scooter Store's Federal Medicare Certification. We're wiping the slate clean and starting over in other words, Medicare will pay for a completely new power wheelchair from a different company.

We are also in the process of filing a $50,000 lawsuit against the Scoter Store for such shoddy workmanship, pain and suffering that I have had to endure for well over 6-7 months.

Scooter Store New Braunfels Texas

AUTHOR: Audrey - (U.S.A.)

My husband and I received word from Medicare's Northern Office that they had sent notification to The Scooter Store of pending action if they did not come to the house to either repair of pick up my Jet3 Power Wheelchair and The Scooter Store had until April 21, 2006 to respond or Medicare is going to pull/ terminate/revoke The Scooter Stores Medicare Lic./Certification.

April 21st has come and gone and no word yet from a Mr. Majestic's office, so we are still waiting to hear from him.