Complaint Review: ScoreSense

• Reported By: Ken — Clermont Florida United States of America
ScoreSense
4447 North Central Expressway Dallas, Texas United States of America

ScoreSense Credit "repair" rip-off Dallas, Texas

This company is a complete and total RIP OFF!!

I was "guided" to them to get my credit report(s), so that I might see if any errors existed, to try and approve my credit. They, (this useless company), requested my credit card info, "to verify who you are and to pay a $1 fee to get all 3 reports. I obliged, got the reports and went on my way.

About 2 weeks later, a charge of $29.95 appeared on my card. (Huh??) As soon as I noticed it, I filed a refund request, and was told that I received an email telling me that I would be charged AFTER the "trial period" expired. I NEVER RECEIVED THAT EMAIL!!! Needless to say I was more than annoyed. The customer service rep assured me that he would process my refund, and proceeded to try and get me to sign up to "lesser" packages that the company offered. I fended him off, and was told that my refund was processed and should appear within the next 5 to 7 days.

Well, I just got an email, (oh, THIS ONE I received), telling me that my refund was NOT approved, because I did not request it within the "required time." The "required time" is defined as "before the trial expired." I repeat, I was not AWARE of a "trial period", so how could I have possibly replied "within" it? So, I fired off an email, and since I am a web designer, I looked into several, shall we say, "alternate" versions of their name. Well, all the ones I tried were taken already.., by guess who?? You got it, the "parent company" of these rip off artists!!!

So here I sit, $30 poorer, calling my credit card company to request a new card, just in case these people try and do anything in spite of the fact that I cancelled, (AND received a cancellation email), from my "membership." At this point, who knows what they are capable of??

Companies like this are what keep people like me - people with bad credit who are TRYING to repair it, TRYING to rebuild themselves in this economy - down. This is just a reminder for others. I have been burned, so please beware of this SCAM, before it's too late!!

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 08/20/2012 05:16 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/ScoreSense/Dallas-Texas-75205/ScoreSense-Credit-repair-rip-off-Dallas-Texas-930057. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on ScoreSense