Complaint Review: ScoreSense

ScoreSense Sneaky Membership That I never Wanted or Asked For Internet

*UPDATE Employee: ScoreSense

*UPDATE Employee: ScoreSense

*Author of original report: Further Foolishness

I never signed up for or knew anything about a membership with ScoreSense. I noticed the charge to my bank account on 2/28/2014 and was highly upset. The only thing I remember about any money being taken out was the $1 I paid on 2/19/2014 as part of a survey to receive points from Project Payday.

I never knew I would be charged for a membership I never wanted. When I talked to customer service over the phone I was notified for the first time about this so called 7 day trial that I never knew anything about. I didn't want the membership and I didn't need the membership.

I had the membership cancelled the same day it was billed. Since the charge to my account was just made on the same day as I had the account cancelled (2/28/2014) I don't see any reason why a refund should not have been authorized.

However, sure enough I get the results of my refund request on 3/4/2014 and was livid. The email said, The refund was not approved because you requested the refund after your communicated billing date. That is totally false because it was actually done on the same day and within a few hours of each other.

I called Customer Care again and appealed the decision. I also informed them that I never even went on their site to check my credit score because I had no knowledge of having a membership. it was just part of a survey to get points from Project PayDay. The only time I accessed the site was the day I found out about the $29.95 charge, and that was to obtain contact information for ScoreSource to clear this mess up.

I can't believe the nerve of this company and its horride business practices, as well as poor communication skills with consumers.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 03/04/2014 09:01 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/ScoreSense/Dallas-Texas-75205/ScoreSense-Sneaky-Membership-That-I-never-Wanted-or-Asked-For-Internet-1128370. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on ScoreSense

AUTHOR: ScoreSense - ()

Hi,

Monday through Friday, 8AM to 5PM CST

We look forward to assisting you.

AUTHOR: ScoreSense - ()

Hi Antoine,

Monday through Friday, 8AM to 5PM CST

We look forward to assisting you.

Further Foolishness

AUTHOR: Antoine - ()

As I was sitting here thinking about the reason for my refund denial, I realized that ScoreSense has told a bold faced lie. For them to say that my refund was not approved because I requested the refund after my communicated billing date? The billing date was 2/28/2014 and didn't even fully process until 3/3/2014. If you look at the refund request I sent (Which is attached here) then it is plain to see I asked for the request on the same day as I was billed and only hours after it was posted on my bank account. So the reason for the denial of my refund is inaccurate and false.