Complaint Review: ScoreSense.com

• Submitted: Thu, November 08, 2012
  • Updated: Thu, November 08, 2012

• Reported By: Carolyn — Mesa Arizona United States of America
ScoreSense.com

ScoreSense.com Thieves!! Misleading!! Free is not free. Continue to bill after cancelled. I am reporting them to the investigative press. Internet

We are encouraged to check our credit reports for FREE once a year.  This scam is taking advantage of that.  The local police talked to us at my place of work and gave us a web site address.  I used that as I have in past years.  ScoreSense came up first on the Google page and claimed to provide free reports.

I was asked to provide a credit card number and told that I would be billed $1 and that would be refunded.  (I had used an on line income tax preparer in the past they did the same thing and they were honest.  The credit card was to help indentify that you were who you claimed to be.)

ScoreSense then billed the $1 and did not refund it.  Thereafter they billed me $29.95.  I reasoned that I had gone to the "wrong" web site and resolved to be more careful next year.  The following month I was billed again and realized that this was a subscription.  I called to cancel and the representative tried to keep me on the phone and I finally said, "Just cancel it NOW!"

The cancellation was confirmed by email, but I have been billed again.  I have reached the conclusion that the web site is designed to be misleading because I would never have signed up for a subscription.  How did this company get to the first position on the Google page?  I thought sites moved up to the top based in number of "hits."

The law that allows consumers to get their credit information is a good one, but I feel that the government should have a web site and filter the consumer requests to reputable companies.

I intend to contact the local CBS affiliate here who has investigative journalists.  ScoreSense needs to be shut down and fined BIG Bucks.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 11/08/2012 10:17 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/ScoreSensecom/internet/ScoreSensecom-Thieves-Misleading-Free-is-not-free-Continue-to-bill-after-cancelled-966382. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on ScoreSense.com