Complaint Review: Scoresense Credit Score

• Updated: Fri, July 05, 2013

• Reported By: Irritable in Alabama — Elkmont Alabama
Scoresense Credit Score
Internet USA

Scoresense Credit Score Took my money now they won't give it back! Disreputable company!! Internet

*UPDATE Employee: ScoreSense

*Consumer Comment: I think all of these "free credit report" websites do that...

This company Scoresense is popping up all over the screen when I was trying to get matched up to a mortgage lender as a service I had to sign up for to get the list. I went along and signed up to get my credit scores for that day. They took $1 out of my account to verify my identity. 7 days later they charged my account $29.95 to activate the paid subscription.

I didn't know that amount was going to be coming out. I didn't want a paid subscription. All I wanted was my credit score that one time. I called them as soon as I saw the charge, because it overdrew my bank account and every other transaction that processed that day were all charged $25 by my bank. So I ended up paying over $200 because of them that I had to pay back to my bank.

I requested a refund from them for the charge because my bank would not refund the overdraft fees without a refund. They denied my request because, and I quote "The refund request was denied because you didn't request it BEFORE the FREE TRIAL period expired." My question then became, Why would I request a refund before the free trial ended? There was nothing to refund because it hadn't been taken out yet! I cancelled my subscription the day after the charge was made. If I had known that they were taking the $$$ I would have canceled it before. But cancelling the membership and getting a refund are two different things.

The service they are offering is misleading and I even asked, since I only kept the membership for one day after the free trial if they would prorate, take out an amount to cover the one day of service, and refund the rest. They wouldn't even do that. Now they're sending my "request" through their crooked finance dept again, so they can deny me again for giving back my money they stole.

Don't be a victim! Leave Scoresense ALONE!! NEVER DO BUSINESS WITH THEM!! This is a SCAM!!

By the way, never did get the list of mortgage lenders to contact that I was trying to get by signing up for this crap...

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 07/05/2013 09:32 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Scoresense-Credit-Score/internet/Scoresense-Credit-Score-Took-my-money-now-they-wont-give-it-back-Disreputable-company-1064582. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Scoresense Credit Score

ScoreSense

AUTHOR: ScoreSense - ()

Hi,

Monday through Friday, 8AM to 5PM CST

We look forward to assisting you.

ScoreSense

I think all of these "free credit report" websites do that...

AUTHOR: Starvros - ()

It is not really a ripoff but yes they do try to be somewhat deceiving to get that subscription fee. Essentially they all have some kind of free trial that you must "cancel" (not "refund") in 7 or so days or you are billed 30 bucks a month until you cancel..and that 30 bucks is never refundable. And yes they do the $1.00 thing to make sure the account is good but it is also to make sure they have your info for when they go in for the kill with the subscription fee(s).

It sucks that it cost you all those bank fees as well but you have to be very careful anytime you submit account info to any website that claims "trial" or "free trial" or "free" anything or "one time low fee of" etc etc. Read that fine print 20 times if you must or expect every single time you will be charged something that you inadvertantly did actually authorize and have no recourse.