Complaint Review: Scoresense

• Updated: Thu, May 30, 2013

• Reported By: Sean — Weiterstadt Alabama
Scoresense
Internet USA

Scoresense Fraudulent and Misleading Scam in exchange for a free credit report Internet

*UPDATE Employee: ScoreSense

I recently requested a free credit report from Scoresense.com, whose website made it very easy to fill out necessary information to get a quick and easy to read report.  There was a $1.00 fee for the report, which I suppose is acceptable for a "free" report, although the site claims it was refundable.

As I was checking my credit card statement, I noticed two amounts charged to my credit card; one for $1.00 and another for $29.99.  I called Scoresense to ask what the second chagre was for, and they told me it was for my commitment to their service for monitoring my credit information, alerts and Identity Theft insurance.  I was not aware that they even offered this service, as I was only interested in getting my credit report.  They told me that I received an email informing me that I had agreed to a free trial membership, and if I did not receive an email - to check my junk filter.

I did in fact receive an email in my Junk folder, but it was after the 7 day period expired.  I explain that to the customer service rep, who told me that it was not their issue that I don't check my junk folder on a regular basis.  Usually,  I was told that I had completed the registration process and therefore liable for the charges, but could cancel in writing.  I never even received the email in order to set up an account or register for the services.

After informing them in writing that I did not request their services, and the way they lured me into a commitment by making me back out instead of opt in, was a poor business practice, and certainly a company that I would never want a business relationship with.  Since this day, Scoresense has not contacted me in reference to my complaint and dispute, or cancellation request.  Can it be that maybe my cancellation email landed in their junk folder???

Nonetheless, I reverted the charges with my bank, cancelled the credit card they charged from and got a new card to make sure they did not try to do this again.  My guess is a company like this will not stop charging your card until you cut off their bloodline.

Should Scoresense atttempt to black ball my credit rating with their dubious business practice, I will pursue fraud charges against them.  I doubt I will hear anything more back from them, except their standard message on this forum, which requests that they be called to resolve the matter.  Don't waste your time...they are only interested in BS'ing you with resonons why they did everything right, and us the consumers are the idiots!

BEWARE - if it isn't already too late.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 05/30/2013 04:45 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Scoresense/internet/Scoresense-Fraudulent-and-Misleading-Scam-in-exchange-for-a-free-credit-report-Internet-1054919. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Scoresense

ScoreSense

AUTHOR: ScoreSense - ()

Hi,

Monday through Friday, 8AM to 5PM CST

We look forward to assisting you.

ScoreSense