Complaint Review: Scott J. Ferrell

• Updated: Tue, September 25, 2012

• Reported By: RJD — Newport Beach California United States of America
Scott J. Ferrell
895 Dove Street, Suite 425 Newport Beach, California United States of America

Scott J. Ferrell Scott Ferrell Newport Trial Group Poor legal Work, overbilling, rude and offensive, lazy braggard, boastful lier Newport Beach, California

*General Comment: To RJD Originator

*Consumer Comment: File a Bar Complaint Against Scott J Ferrell

We recently hired Scott J. Ferrell, an attorney in Newport Beach, California, and a partner at a small law firm called "Newport Trial Group".  Our experience was below average at best.  At worst, we were victims of malpractice.

The work was poorly planned or not planned at all.  Communication was poor.  Other than empty platitudes which consisted of boastful, self-serving statements, there was very little done in keeping us informed about the progress in our case.  The billing was also offensively high.  We were originally referred to Scott Ferrell by a San Diego attorney, who later regretted making the referral.  It became clear that Scott Ferrell preference was to file scandalous lawsuits, and seek fast settlements, without concerns for the merits of the claims or interests of his clients.

Scott Ferrell is too you to be as lazy as he is, but attempts to act like he is too busy to explain issues in the case or even respond to emails.  Overall, this was one of the worst lawyer experiences we have ever had.  Ask for references, if you are contemplating engaging Scott Ferrell.  We would not be one of them.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 09/25/2012 11:06 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Scott-J-Ferrell/Newport-Beach-California-92660/Scott-J-Ferrell-Scott-Ferrell-Newport-Trial-Group-Poor-legal-Work-overbilling-rude-and-946728. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Scott J. Ferrell

#1 General Comment

To RJD Originator

AUTHOR: anonymous - ()

I have been slandered and forced to defend myself against S Ferrell, Esq.  I have had a TRO issued

rubber stamped even when I appeared to defend.   I have received threatening and abusive email from some

unknown party discussing the specifics of Mr. S Ferrell clients aligations by a party we have never met nor communicated with in over three years.   This is done in order to prevent litigiation by myself against a major Hedge Fund and Holding corporation involved in the food and gaming industry.

Since RJd is in Beverly Hills and I am situate in LA we would like to find out if this individual would be willing to dicuss with me their personal experience and possibly assist me I am 71 years old and receive threatening emails from a gmail account untraceable as to the source server.

Please advise me if you will allow this party to contact me.  Time is urgent.

File a Bar Complaint Against Scott J Ferrell

AUTHOR: Barry - ()

Scott Ferrell started out in a small mostly Mormon litigation firm in Newport Beach as an associate, and despite poor legal skills, was able to develop a good book of business.  He was fast tracked to partnership as a result of that, but later developed major issues with other partners and exhibited improper conduct with his subordinates at that firm.

He is a shameless self promoter, and files mostly bogus extortion type class action suits.  If you have been abandoned by Ferrell, you should consider suing his firm for malpractice and reporting him to the CA Bar.  Ferrell is that type of a lawyer that gives attorneys a bad name.  He is no dignity - zero. Sadly, the system often rewards this type of behavior.  Even his reviews on avvo are fake.  The real negative and average reviews were somehow removed.  You, the consumer, be the judge, and think hard before you hire Ferrell or decide to even sit at the same table with him.