Complaint Review: Scott Tompkins- Stepping Stones

• Updated: Wed, November 28, 2012

• Reported By: Anonymous — Newark Delaware United States of America
Scott Tompkins- Stepping Stones
2861 S Seacrest Blvd Boynton Beach, Florida United States of America

Scott Tompkins- Stepping Stones Stepping Stones Recovery Homes A horrible recovery environment, he will put you on the streets and keep your money! Boynton Beach, Florida

*REBUTTAL Owner of company: Be very cautious

Scott Tompkins takes full advantage of people at extreme low points in life, and their loved ones. He operates six "sober living homes." They are dirty and bug infested. As long as he has your rent he doesn't care what you do. None of the house members were going to 12 step meetings, and there was no encouragement whatsoever for anyone to work their aftercare plans. He will talk to you and tell you how spiritual he is, but he lies and steals, not a true christian, beware!

He claims he drug tests a few times a week, my 21 year old son was there for an opiate addiction recovery and he didn't drug test even ONE TIME in two weeks. My son was rightfully thrown out on the streets for drinking a few beers, but Scott Tompkins made sure he collected another weeks rent from me and $140 for my sons spending money first and THEN kicked him out. He had me wiring my son's spending money to his personal checking account so he could allocate him $20 a day- guess what- he kept that too???!!!! That's money he had NO RIGHT to.

My son had no where to go, this was the week of hurricane Sandy and we live in Delaware, it took me four days to be able to get him on a flight. Because Scott kept all of his spending money he was penniless. He slept on the beach and then holed up with some other sleazy characters for three days who used right in front of him. Thank God he had the will to stay strong  from his addiction. He couldn't even get a cab to the airport because Scott wouldn't give him his money, and NO CAB company would take my credit card number over the phone. My parents live on the water and lost their home during the storm, and in the meantime, we all had the burden of worry about my son in Florida, out on the streets with only 75 days of recovery from a serious drug addiction under his belt.

Because he had said he was sending me a refund, I offered Scott $50 to take my son to the airport, he said he would do it for $20, I deposited $30 to show my gratitude. Then he told me I wasn't gettoing a refund at all, including my sons personal spending money. It's all so unbelievable, I was such a fool to trust him.

Keep your young adults home, there are too many lying crooks trying to make a buck off of someone elses pain in Florida!!!

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 11/28/2012 09:54 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Scott-Tompkins-Stepping-Stones/Boynton-Beach-Florida-33435/Scott-Tompkins-Stepping-Stones-Stepping-Stones-Recovery-Homes-A-horrible-recovery-environ-974941. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Scott Tompkins- Stepping Stones

#1 REBUTTAL Owner of company

Be very cautious

AUTHOR: John - ()

If I was to write a flawless review, I'd be simply lying to anyone reading this. The owner has no intention of your sobriety. He merely wants the rent paid promptly and all other concerns are lost. He's a sweet man, but for running halfway houses he presents a gargantuan ineptitude. Never once was I drug tested nor were any of my house mates. He even told me the story in which the keys to the halfway homes were just handed to him and he was asked to run them, hardly a qualification for one to run all these halfway homes. He'd be better suited to working at a McDonalds.