Complaint Review: Scottrade

• Submitted: Mon, August 10, 2009
  • Updated: Mon, August 10, 2009

• Reported By:Primm Springs Tennessee
Scottrade
www.scottrade.com Memphis, Tennessee U.S.A.

Scottrade Poor Business Practices Memphis Tennessee

*Author of original report: Brentwood Office of Scottrade

I recently requested a sizable withdrawal from my Scottrade Brokerage Account. I called my local Scottrade office before Noon on Monday and was assured the Check would be "Issued" that afternoon from Memphis(130 miles from my house).

Long story short, I received the Check in the Mail on Saturday. The Postmark on the envelope(from their Pitney Bowes machine) was for that Mon. I have every reason to believe that check, and many others according to the local office manager, were purposely delayed to the direct benefit of Scottrade. I had noticed with past checks a steady increase in the length of time to travel across half a State to my door. But a 3 day delay before entering it into the Postal System is TOO MUCH.

Also, in a separate incident with the same Company, I was denied a confirmed trade, even though, I received E-Mail and Website confirmation of that trade. It didn't cost me any money, but I really question the reliability of their platform.

I just wondered if others have had similar experiences.

Bobcat
Primm Springs, Tennessee

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 08/10/2009 10:52 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Scottrade/Memphis-Tennessee-37840/Scottrade-Poor-Business-Practices-Memphis-Tennessee-478086. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Scottrade

Brentwood Office of Scottrade

AUTHOR: Bobcat - (U.S.A.)

To the credit of the local manager of the Brentwood TN office, it was suggested that I apply for check writing privileges on that account in order to prevent further frustrations.