Complaint Review: Scotty's Appliance Repair OR Appliance Repair

• Submitted: Tue, August 19, 2008
  • Updated: Tue, August 19, 2008

• Reported By:Aurora Colorado
Scotty's Appliance Repair OR Appliance Repair
3450 Westbury PL Littleton, Aurora, Colorado U.S.A.

Scotty's Appliance Repair OR Appliance Repair Breaks Pipes In Wall When Fixing Clothes Dryer THEN Lied & Asked For Money? Littleton, Aurora Colorado

*Author of original report: SAME Buisiness DIFFERENT Sites On The Net. I have posted them to PROTECT people in the hope that they may go broke.

I (being a new resident to Aurora) went on the internet looking for someone to fix my dryer that was making a noise. I came across this ritzy add with an ultra modern kitchen w/stainless steel appliances and thought to myself, this looks reputable.. This was my beginning to a nightmare.

Two very heavy, unshaven, untidy looking guys showed up (a day after the appointment as thier car broke down, thats okay, it happens & I even get an offer for a discount as I had to cancel a dental appointment..) They arrive, car radiator held together with a bungy cord, shorts hanging so low that I could see the onset of pubic hair and the moon on reverse side. I am now worried & thinking to myself... "Oh oh, these guys do not look the slightest bit professional.." Still, being a christian I thought, give them a go & don't judge.

They got into my laundry area and wrestled the combined washer/dryer to turn to an angle that wasa accsessable. The area there is limited for room, thats why there is a combined washer. Now, this washer is not new but in terrific order. Thats why we opted to fix and not buy new. They (don't know why two men came,) tilted the washer/dryer over the toilet and climbed OVER it. Did I tell you they were (very) heavy men? - they dawdled around for about 30 mins and told me they needed another part. They brought the wrong one. I did explain what model it was on the phone with a very intricate description.

These guys now have pulled my dryer apart and spent time here and Im thinking, this is going to cost me but they arer here and I have to go with it. I did get a quote off them for $275.
Apon leaving, they state (lied) to me that one of them spilt a drink. I said thats okay, I'll clean it up when you leave.. then, they proceed to ask me for a deposit or some kind of down payment. I answered but nothing has been done yet? and, my husband only left me one check to pay for this so I prefer to pay when the work is done. THAT you will find out as you read, was the best thing I ever did.

So they leave, washer/dryer back off, screws here and there yada.. The more quieter guy says it will cost $190. They guy who seemed to be in charge was close, hearing this. He, 20 seconds later quotes me $275. (wheres my discount for the inconvenience the day before?) Anyway, they leave. For some reason I am feeling suspicious.

I go into the laundry, clean up what was told 'his ginger beer drink' and go about my buisiness, wishing I could wash and dry what I now had was a mountain of clothes.. There is a toilet in this laundry. I go in there to use it and holy crap, I am standing in a pool of water!I called a plumber - $300 to fix the pipe in the wall connecting to the toilet.

I called them hours later (they rarely answer the phone and do NOT return calls.) I informed them that they had cracked the pipe in the wall when they leant the washer over the toilet and climbed over it. I demended they pay for the plumbers cost. They said "well we will have to pay something.." that was the last time they spoke to me. They won't answer the phone, nothing. My husband has left a msg asking if they got a copy of the plumbers bill and we wanted a check in 10 working days. Nothing.

Not only this, they also left a 6 inch dent right across the fron of washer where they leant it on the toilet.
So, here I am (still) got a broken dryer - in peices, a flooded bathroom, broken pipe and damaged washer, NO communication & a mile of clothes.

If you are considering using these people - CLOSE their internet page and save yourself some greif!

We didn't get any money from them but I am hoping that all the (many, many) ripp off sites I am going to cut and paste this report & report them everywhere - (for the next few years) will cost them alot of grief and, some buisiness. You should have paid us the 300 guys, now its going to cost you more :)

I was kind to these guys, offering them cold water all day, gave them a chance to prove themselves and they left me in a bigger mess.

Oh, btw.. We got a professional, reputable mob out to fix the dryer/washer.
It cost us $170.

K~

Rarediamondgem
Aurora, Colorado

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 08/19/2008 08:51 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Scottys-Appliance-Repair-OR-Appliance-Repair/Littleton-Aurora-Colorado-80123/Scottys-Appliance-Repair-OR-Appliance-Repair-Breaks-Pipes-In-Wall-When-Fixing-Clothes-Dry-364460. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Scotty's Appliance Repair OR Appliance Repair

AUTHOR: Rarediamondgem - (U.S.A.)

Do NOT be fooled by the flashy adds!!
Google & play with the name - You will find them ALL.