Complaint Review: Scrap In A Snap

• Submitted: Mon, August 11, 2003
  • Updated: Mon, August 11, 2003

• Reported By:Syracuse New York
Scrap In A Snap
98 North 1200 Lehi, Utah U.S.A.

Scrap In A Snap tax scam all consultants can be held personally liable for their tax scams get the word out and stop this fraud Lehi Utah

*UPDATE EX-employee responds: Its true! I called my state. What a scam SIAS is!

I also have been doing research on this company and am frightened as to how they continue to lie to their consultants and customers. Please, forward this information on to any consultant, so they can protect themselves. Even the consultants that are the most loyal to scrap in a snap - call your state's tax office now - if not, it sounds like you will be held personally liable for back taxes.

We all know you've paid your taxes to scrap in a snap - however, they aren't paying them to the states and aren't even registered. Since they aren't paying their taxes, the state tax office might catch up with you. Contrary to what the company has said, they aren't registered and aren't paying taxes.

Here's what one recent person wrote on a scrapbook related website who's familiar with the situation wrote in regards to the matter:

"Every single consultant who collected sales tax from a customer and sent it on to SIAS is personally liable for the taxes, fees and penalties of late payment. This is scary stuff. They are legally obligated to hold the money in escrow until it's time to pay the taxes to their state. The state won't listen to sad stories about not having the money or sending it onto SIAS. If SIAS doesn't fix this FAST, the states will come after individual consultants. It makes me sad for all the women who believed they were doing the right thing but could end up having to pull money out of the family budget to keep the state from taking legal action against them.

Not to mention is puts a blight on the whole home-based scrapbook industry."

Amanda
Syracuse, New York

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 08/11/2003 09:46 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Scrap-In-A-Snap/Lehi-Utah-84043/Scrap-In-A-Snap-tax-scam-all-consultants-can-be-held-personally-liable-for-their-tax-scams-65555. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Scrap In A Snap

#1 UPDATE EX-employee responds

Its true! I called my state. What a scam SIAS is!

AUTHOR: Jen - (U.S.A.)

I've been a consultant for 1 year and have paid (according to my records) several hundred dollars in state sales tax to SIAS. I called my state (SC) and they are not registered. I had them check under every known name and also the Fed Tax ID number that was on my 1099 from last year. They are not registered as Tamme said they were.

I took Randy Snow's advice and contacted him based on what he said in ripoffreport in his oh-so-professional responses (what a joke of a PR person!). I asked him to confirm if they are registered in my state and what name they are registered under so I could call and check. He responded simply, "Don't worry- its all taken care of" (I don't have the exact quote but it was like 1 sentance saying everything is fine) I'm sorry Randy, but your "word" is not enough. I need some hard proof which I asked for and did not receive.

I'm Disgusted with SIAS at this point and will be resigning as soon as my commission checks clear the bank. Their owners are lying scum bags who take advantage of women who just want to earn an extra income for their family. They claim to want to 'help' women like us, but the only thing they are doing is hurting us by taking our money and putting us in legal jeapardy with taxes while "the family" profits from the hard work of others. I can't beleive how some people can live with themselves. I'll probably be terminated now that I'm being negative like everyone else is-- oh wait! of COURSE I will be. Then my downline will all roll up to the president's family!