Complaint Review: Scrap metal transport (smt)

• Submitted: Fri, July 26, 2013
  • Updated: Fri, July 26, 2013

• Reported By: jay — portcharlotte Florida
Scrap metal transport (smt)
venice, Florida USA

Scrap metal transport ,smt, Frank Matero dba scrap metal transport or SMT transport.. venice ,florida NOT PAID FOR WORK , DEDUCTED PAY FOR HIS TRUCK'S FUEL MILAGE, NO LAY OVER PAY OR EARNED PAY ...RIPP OFF ARTIST !! venice Florida

I was hired as a otr (over the road ) driver by frank Matero the owner of scrap metal transport dba SMT out of venice florida he claimes to be a business in new york but does not have a yard or home there to save from paying hire rates for his truck insurance . Any ways he hired me to run his junk equiptment over the road and stated i would only be gone 1 week at a time then when i turn in my paper work he would pay me . the first trip went fine but then my second trip frank ran me out for 3 weeks making me back up my log books violating the dot regs .. also after i came home i called frank to settle up to get my check since i was not paid in 3.5 weeks he deposited $1,300 in my bank and told me he was chargeing me for his fuel, and a fender that fell off his faulty equiptment , (not my fault) he owes me a total of $3,000 hard earned dollars that he denies he owes ... He sent me to new york with $200.00 for 6 stop load that had a total of almost $300.00 in tolls , his truck or reefer trailer broke down at least every other day and i was forced to fix his junk with no pay and a total loss of 1 week due to layovers, loads that cancelled , reefer problems , truck issues , and no pay for that as well .. he is a ripp off artist don't subject your self to work there he will talk down and treat you like your a piece of junk ... he dead headed me more then a total of 1,550 miles and cryed about the fuel as if his truck should fly there with out useing fuel .. I'm currently talking to a lawyer about fileing a claim and also was paid by  1099 as a sub contractor even though its illegal since i am not a owner of the truck or was to pay for fuel or any thing .. he pays all his drivers like that to avoid paying workmans comp. and other benifits for employees .. if you figure that the mileage i ran for 3 weeks as a solo driver was almost 8,900 miles and he paid me $1,300 that comes to $433.00 a week less then minuim wage .. again illegal!! I just don't want to see any other drivers be put threw that crap i went threw with his bi poler attacks .. caution !!

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 07/26/2013 04:39 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Scrap-metal-transport-smt/venice-Florida-33953/Scrap-metal-transport-smt-Frank-Matero-dba-scrap-metal-transport-or-SMT-transport-ven-1070436. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Scrap metal transport (smt)