Complaint Review: Scriptolution

• Submitted: Wed, February 24, 2010
  • Updated: Sun, February 26, 2012

• Reported By: Jmills — Bloomington Minnesota United States of America
Scriptolution

Scriptolution FMyScript Scriptolution FMyScript stole my money and keeps asking for more Internet

*REBUTTAL Owner of company: free updates

Scriptolution is a scam company. I originally purchased one of their scripts, FMyScript clone, in June of 2009 for $249. The script, at the time, was unusable. They had not included a captcha module into the script so I would get 1,000s of spam posts a month and users couldn't even make their own posts amidst all this spam. Conveniently, they released a new version that addressed this issue shortly after my license had expired.

I e-mailed support asking for a free upgrade(since at this time they were now selling the whole script for $50 and I didn't want to have to pay another $50 for the script I thought I should have gotten in the first place).

I was rudely told that I would have to repay the license fee if I wanted to get the newest version of the script. I was quite angry but after some time I decided to just spend another $50 to get the new version of the script.

At this point I had now spent $300 on a script that anyone else on the internet could get for $50 so I was pretty ticked off. There are a few additional modules that I wanted to install for the script that cost $150 I e-mailed support again and kindly asked if they would be willing to give me the modules for free since I had already invested an absurd amount of money into this script.

Again I was told that I would not be able to receive the modules for free and I would have to pay $100 for them. So in total, they wanted me to pay $400 for a script package that any one at this point in time could get for merely $200, so basically they wanted me to pay double.

I am extremely disappointed in my experience with this company and I would advise anyone thinking about purchasing a script from them to look elsewhere, find a company the future-proofs their customers and doesn't try to screw them out of $200 like these shady business owners.

Also, don't get me wrong, I am aware of how software programming works, and I would not have had a problem paying another $50 for a script update had the update been something substantial, but honestly the only thing they changed was they added an anti-spam feature that I believe should have been included with the script in the first place when I spent $249 on it.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 02/24/2010 11:49 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Scriptolution/internet/Scriptolution-FMyScript-Scriptolution-FMyScript-stole-my-money-and-keeps-asking-for-more-I-574290. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Scriptolution

#1 REBUTTAL Owner of company

free updates

AUTHOR: scriptolution - (United States of America)

If your free access to updates have already expired then you of course will not have access to updated.

You will then of course have to purchase an update pack to get updates.

You wanting additional updates for free is not a "Ripoff".