Complaint Review: Seacret

• Updated: Sun, June 09, 2013

• Reported By: joani stupid — Marina del Rey California
Seacret
san diego, California USA

Seacret Ripp off . . . paid 300% more than on Amazon. Pushy salespeople at San Diego Mall san diego California

*General Comment: Buyer's Remorse

*Consumer Comment: Buyer's Remorse

Beware of pushy salespeople at those kiosks in the mall. I was just strolling through the mall (Horton Plaza) and was stopped by several good looking guys wanting to sell me moisturizer using old fashioned flattery. I got past them only to be stopped again by a darling, effervesent woman wanting to show me something. She even took my hand and led me to her kiosk. She said she wanted to give me a gift. That gift cost me $700.00. She even showed me how much they sell the products for on the internet. (I think it was a fake page). I asked for her card, so I could reach her again for more product, but she said she didn't have one. I came home and went online . . . googled Seacret and came up with Seacret at Amazon.

OMG . . . they sell this same sh* for $15.00 or $40.00 for what I paid $250.00. In fact Seacret is on lots of sites for lots less. I never felt so stupid BUT I will not sit still for this kind of money. I'm going to stop the credit card and call it fraud. That's what it is.

The lesson here is to not buy anything (that expensive) without researching it first. Hopefully this will help others.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 06/09/2013 10:44 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Seacret/san-diego-California/Seacret-Ripp-off-paid-300-more-than-on-Amazon-Pushy-salespeople-at-San-Diego-Ma-1057703. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Seacret

#1 General Comment

Buyer's Remorse

AUTHOR: Shannendoah - ()

The kiosks are the retail arm of Seacret's business and the merchants can charge whatever price they wish. That is their markup and markup is standard for any business. Sales people are trying to make a sale. That is their job. They work on commissions. That is how they make money.

The products that you see on Amazon and other sites are typically expired, opened, or not the actual product as the label indicates. Just because you "found" the product on another site does not mean it is the same product or the same quality.

I use Seacret everyday and I love the products, but I buy them directly from the company. I know they quality is excellent and their reputation is impeccable. I would definitely say that you have a case of buyer's remorse and that this was not a case of fraud or a rip off.

Buyer's Remorse

AUTHOR: coast - ()

Merchants have the right to sell their merchandise at whatever price they choose. It is the responsibility of the consumer to determine if the price is acceptable to them. The merchant did not misrepresent the product. The web site indicated the price of the merchandise on that web site. You should have investigated further before you made the decision to proceed with the purchase. That is a luxury of living in a society with a free enterprise economy.

This is not a case of fraud and it is not a rip-off; however, this is a case of buyer's remorse. I don't expect your credit card issuer to honor your request for a chargeback.