acquired

• Submitted: Mon, April 14, 2008
  • Updated: Mon, April 14, 2008

• Reported By:Hell California
Seagate Technology
seagate.com Internet, California U.S.A.

Seagate Technology Seagate refuses to uphold warranty Internet California

I purchased a seagate hard drive from them just under a year ago the warranty is good for one year they claim. The drive failed to work when I received it, I had them replace it the first time no problem, it failed again before my year was anywhere near up. They told me that it (the warranty) had expired when I was asked to proved to them that it had indeed NOT been one year since I purchased the drive which I promptly provided. They seemed to not have any problem at all and I honestly thought it was going to get fixed. Almost two weeks later I finally get a response and they are refusing to replace the drive because it was not bought through a Seagate Authorized Distribution channel.

Jokerz
Hell, California

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 04/14/2008 06:03 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Seagate-Technology/Internet-California/Seagate-Technology-Seagate-refuses-to-uphold-warranty-Internet-California-325848. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Seagate Technology