Complaint Review: Seagate Technology

• Updated: Sun, July 04, 2004

• Reported By:Lafayette California
Seagate Technology
seagaterebates.com Nationwide U.S.A.

Fry's, Seagate Technology Rebate ripoff Falsely claimed a missing purchase date El Paso TX

I bought a Seagate 120GB 8MB-buffer retail drive at Frys where they were offering a $60 mail-in rebate. I asked two different Frys representatives whether I was safely within the rebate period and both said, "Yes". Filled out the form, made copies, and sent it the evening of the day I purchased the drive.

Took awhile, but I eventually got an email with a link to a site (http://www.seagaterebates.com/promocenter/seagate/trackdetails.html?track_number=114921634) for checking status.

It said I'd been denied and that "no reward will be issued" due to a missing or invalid purchase date. This, when the purchase date of June 15th was right on the receipt and the rebate period didn't end until the 20th. Went to Frys to explain the situation and, while sympathetic, the manager I spoke with said she couldn't help until I tried resubmitting. So, I made copies of my copies and remailed the paperwork with the dates highlighted.

A couple of weeks later, I received a postcard from Seagate (or their rebate handling people) denying my rebate for the same "missing purchase date" issue!?! Seems they are just trying to get out of refunding my $60 (rebate amount).

Lafayette, California

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 07/04/2004 01:55 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Seagate-Technology/nationwide/Frys-Seagate-Technology-Rebate-ripoff-Falsely-claimed-a-missing-purchase-date-El-Paso-TX-97546. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Seagate Technology