mail

• Submitted: Fri, May 21, 2004
  • Updated: Fri, May 21, 2004

• Reported By:Bainbridge Georgia
Seagate Technologys
920 Disc Drive Scott Valley, California U.S.A.

Seagate Technologys Hard Drive Manufacturer - CompUSA Rebate Ripoff, Scott Valley California

I purchased a Seagate 80GB hard drive from CompUSA around December 2003 for around $120. When you bought the hard drive for that week only, you were to receive a $60 rebate a month or two after they had processed the rebate.

I waited several months before I contacted them to say I had not received my rebate check. Their response was that I was not listed in the computer, please send in your proof that you purchased it. I didn't make a copy of the receipt, I sent in the original as they wanted. It's my fault I didn't make a copy of the receipt, I won't make that mistake again.

The post office never returned my rebate information and Seagate says they never received it. I've never had a problem with the post office but I've heard of several people having problems obtaining rebates from different companies.

I believe companies pray that this sort of thing happens so that they can keep the other one. I'm sure CompUSA has some record of my purchase but I'm sure that wouldn't be enough for Seagate and to beat it all, the first 80GB Seagate hard drive I bought had to be returned because it was faulty.

Chris
Bainbridge, Georgia

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 05/21/2004 09:02 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Seagate-Technologys/Scott-Valley-California-95066/Seagate-Technologys-Hard-Drive-Manufacturer-CompUSA-Rebate-Ripoff-Scott-Valley-Califor-92491. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Seagate Technologys