Complaint Review: Seal Skin Covers/ Elite Covers

• Updated: Wed, April 16, 2014

• Reported By: Cary — Mechanicsville Virginia
Seal Skin Covers/ Elite Covers
Internet USA

Seal Skin Covers/ Elite Covers Sold a cover they did not have, shipped partial order $25.00 , and then showed FedEx dropped off the complete order. Ongoing still ! California Internet

*Author of original report: Money Refunded / Sealskins

I purchased a 17' Boston Whaler Montauk Boat Cover from these guys on March 24th 2014 . I waited about 9 days before anything was shipped , and never received an email confirmation on it. It was a Cover, Poles support, and Bimini cargo storage bag. FedEx dropped off a box with only the support poles. When I called and waited 2 days for a reply, they said it showed delivered. I expressed to them something was, but not my full $377.90 order. After recognizing the error, they started the entire process again. What size is the Boat, Model, Beam, Center Console, etc. So Cover arrives about a week later. Wrong size and color. Ordered Grey, sent Blue. And could fit 1 and a half boats. Call request a RMA# to return it. They did send a FedEx label prepaid. Had to take to FedEx cause thety didn't show up. I check on the status of the package. They got it on a Monday. I asked about my refund. They send me a CREDIT has been applied email. [continued below]....

..... I check my debit/Visa History. NO $$ has been credited . Just a email saying it;s done. Looed alot like a PayPal Refund Invoice that they have copied and saved . So I'm off to the Credit Union to see what I can do next. I have about a 2300 rating on eBay. And more Internet Buyings than I can count. These Guys are the top of the Shell Game HUSTLE. Horrible in everyway. Do not let the 10 year warranty hook you in like it did me. The Cover is not of that level, the one I saw that was sent back.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 04/16/2014 08:57 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Seal-Skin-Covers-Elite-Covers-/internet/Seal-Skin-Covers-Elite-Covers-Sold-a-cover-they-did-not-have-shipped-partial-order-25-1139277. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Seal Skin Covers/ Elite Covers

Money Refunded / Sealskins

AUTHOR: Cary - ()

Sealskins have refunded the money , it took an extra few days due to it being a Debit payment. They also sent a prepaid postage label to send back the items purchased. I am resubmitting a review to Sealskins Covers to give them the credit that I previously gave a review sent on them .  So all is fine now with the refund and not charging a restocking fee to restock the cover.