Complaint Review: Seal Skin Covers

• Updated: Mon, May 12, 2014

• Reported By: Florida Boater — Florida
Seal Skin Covers
230 Western Pkwy, Unit 6 Butler, New Jersey USA

Seal Skin Covers Elite Boat Covers misrepresented "custom", charged my credit card, processed a return, and never replaced the cover...worst customer experience ever! Butler New Jersey

*Author of original report: I was told that they are refunding my money

A "custom" cover was ordered for my boat.  Specific to the year, make, and model.  The cover was shipped without all of the straps needed to fasten the cover to the trailer.  I was told that to have the straps replaced for a trip I was taking at the end of the week, I would need to pay $23 for expedited shipping.  The straps arrived several weeks later.  The cover did not fit as described.

A return authorization was issued and the cover was returned.  I was notified that they had indeed received my return and an proper replacement was on the way.  That was a month ago.

Since then I have called the sales line and the customer service line multiple times.  I have left mesaages and no return call has been received.  I have sent multiple emails.  None of which have ever been replied to.

I called again today and was told to leave a message, as they were backed up in customer service.  I was then told that contacting the sales line over and over was not going to help and he then used a number of exploitives and a biggoted slur and hung up on me.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 05/12/2014 10:47 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Seal-Skin-Covers/Butler-New-Jersey/Seal-Skin-Covers-Elite-Boat-Covers-misrepresented-custom-charged-my-credit-card-proce-1145902. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Seal Skin Covers

I was told that they are refunding my money

AUTHOR: Florida Boater - ()

"I don't know what your problem is, it's just a boat cover!"  Michael, Seal Skin Covers - May 12, 2014