Complaint Review: Sean Johnson

• Submitted: Tue, May 22, 2012
  • Updated: Tue, May 22, 2012

• Reported By: Michelle L Green — Lemon Grove California United States of America
Sean Johnson

Sean Johnson Greg Wilson, Travis Birt, Sean Swagger The company pretended to be a Federal Grants Agency promising that I would recieve a grant $7,000. Internet

My name is Michelle Green. I live in San Diego, CA. I was called by a representative named Cecilia Barker (202-621-0149) from the US Federal Grants Department two weeks after submitting a request to receive a grant online. The website was called UsFederalGrants.org. I was told that I was approved for a grant in the amount of $7,000. After she explained the amount of the grant she told me that i needed to sent a $200.00 deposit to India using Western Union, which did on January 5, 2012.

I was told that after sending $210. 00 ($10 fee for transaction) to Dharam Veer in India, I had to wait 10 minutes and the representative would give me a money control number to receive the  $7,000 plus the $210 via Western Union. The process was completed, I received a MCN and when  tried to get the money I was told by Western Union that my state placed a hold on the funds. This was due to the taxes that needed to be paid.

Since then I have been sending money to India on several occasions through a Senior Grants Manager named Sean Johnson his number is 202-621-0186. This has been going on for the past five months. After reviewing the website I started to get the feeling that this was a scam so I started checking online to see if there were similar grant offers being made to other people with the same MO.

The total amount sent to the company was $5,349.00. The amounts were all sent by Money Gram to India and the receivers names, dates are as follows: Jan 5, 2012--$210--Dharam Veer; Feb 1, 2012 --$676 for CA tax's--Saurabh Gohtter; Feb 2, 2012 -- $676 for due to a mispelled name error -- Deepak Singh Bhoj; Feb 3, 2012 -- $485 for the cashier check fee from FedX -- Deepak Singh Bhoj; Feb 13, 2012 -- $509.50 due to the FedX misplacing my check -- Amandeep Singh; Feb 19, 2012 --
$500.00 hold on my file due to the fact that Sean Johnson's father dying -- Amandeep Singh; Mar 15, 2012 & Mar 23, 2012 -- $400 via Western Union to Chandra Prakash & Jay Ram; May 1, 2012 -- $1043.00 for lost of time and contact with Sean Johnson -- Amandeep Singh; May 4, 2012 -- $509.50 -- error with name in system at Money Gram -- Amandeep Singh; and lastly May 12, 2012 -- $309.50 -- Sandeep Singh.

I made a point of keeping all the numbers, names, dates, and receipts as proof just in case this was a scam. Also the Money Gram centers keep the records of all transactions made in the system for a year.  I am hoping that I can get a lawsuit going so justice can be served on these criminals.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 05/22/2012 08:47 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Sean-Johnson/internet/Sean-Johnson-Greg-Wilson-Travis-Birt-Sean-Swagger-The-company-pretended-to-be-a-Federal-886680. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Sean Johnson