flight

• Submitted: Tue, October 30, 2012
  • Updated: Tue, October 30, 2012

• Reported By: duediligence — Phoenix Arizona United States of America
Search Control
8930 E. Raintree Road Suite 300 Internet Scottsdale, Arizona United States of America

Search Control Search Engine Optimization,more like Search Engine Decimation Charged Thousands cost me tens of thousands in lost business Carl Smith Internet Scottsdale, Arizona

I own a small business in Surpise, AZ air conditioning, solar, energy master and pools. I contacted Search Control in February 2012 to help me grow my business. I met with Carl Smith and he signed me up for SEO and website changes for $1750 a month. Search control was very unresponsive and slow to make requested changes. I discussed the need for changes to the website and they told me they would make the changes immediatley. After several emails and phone call and finally stopping payments. they made minor changes to the website and then insisted they needed to take over my adwords campaign. Doug Brown said that my adwords was a mess and they would build a campaign at no charge and allocate funds for adwords, no cost to me in June 2012. Summer was in full force and I was busy with calls from my existing customers, but not many new customers. When the phone slowed down in July 2012 and I checked adwords I found out that I had been charged $1785 in my pay per click campaign for 135 clicks. After viewing reports I found that every single click was irrelevant to my business. Airports,cars,airlines,RV,hair conditioner were just some of the clicks I had to pay for because they did not have a single negative keyword and a broad match selection.

The previous campaign had 680 negative key words and was set to exact match. When I contacted Doug Brown for a resolution he did not offer any solution. I fired Search Control and hired another SEO company to fix what they had done. Helix House told me that my rankings had tanked and that the adwords was the worst they had ever seen. Helix House said that my account suffered severe consequences and my quality scores were so low that it would take several weeks to build a new campaign.  Helix House composed a letter for me to negotiate a settlement with Search Control. I sent the letter to Doug Brown and when he received the letter he told me he would only discuss the issue if I would bring someone from Helix house to his office. This was a ridiculous request to have someone from Helix House to take time away from their customers and business to dispute with an unreasonable person. Since hiring Helix House in August My rankings have me on the first page for several keywords. If you are considering doing business with this company do your homework and Beware! I have the letters and emails along with Google analytics and adwords reports and phone call tracking.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 10/30/2012 09:34 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Search-Control/Internet-Scottsdale-Arizona-85260/Search-Control-Search-Engine-Optimizationmore-like-Search-Engine-Decimation-Charged-Thou-962414. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Search Control