Complaint Review: Search Engine Ranking Service, VMC Satellite, Rick Rahim, James Leftwich

• Submitted: Fri, March 18, 2005
  • Updated: Mon, October 05, 2009

• Reported By:Osceola Indiana
Search Engine Ranking Service, VMC Satellite, Rick Rahim, James Leftwich
9893 Georgetown Pike, Suite 605 Great Falls, Virginia U.S.A.

Search Engine Ranking Service, VMC Satellite, Rick Rahim, James Leftwich ripoff fraud fraudulent billing dishonest scam no services rendered liars cons Great Falls Virginia

*Consumer Comment: Rick Rahim Convicted Felon up to his next SCAM

*Consumer Comment: Rick Rahims Project Lifesaver SCAM to collect money

*Consumer Comment: Other Rahim associations

*Consumer Suggestion: Wow, this is BULL!

*Consumer Comment: VMC SATELLITE/ SEARCH ENGINE RANKING

*Consumer Suggestion: New name "SUBMISSION MAGIC"

My main ripoff complaint is in reference to Search Engine Ranking Service. I originally paid $29.99 to have one (1) URL submitted to "over 800,00 search engines". However, it has been nearly 3 months now and my URL is not listed on ANY search engines with the exception of the few that I manually submitted myself.

After doing some investigating on my own, I found out who I think is behind all of this and know how it is linked. Rick Rahim of VMC Satellite, INC started the fraudulent company known as Search Engine Ranking Service to generate pure profit by ripping poeple off. VMC Satellite has an affiliate program that claims you can earn $50 for every "confirmed satellite installation". It's simple. The VMC Satellite affiliate gets someone to purchase VMC's services and then they get $50....or do they? It seems that VMC doesn't actually pay their affiliates... but that's a whole different ripoff report in itself.

Anyhow, Rick Rahim sends several advertisements via e-mail to his VMC Satellite affiliates offering the services of "Search Engine Ranking Service". You see, if you have an affiliate website (like I did) and you want to supposedly make $50 per referral/sale, then you need people to be able to find and see your website URL when they search at places like Google.com, Yahoo.com, altavista.com, dogpile.com... well, you get the picture. So with a service such as "Search Engine Ranking Service" that can "carefully submit your website URL to over 800,000 search engines and directories immediately!"..why wouldn't you try thier services to up your sales? Hmmm...

So I fell for the ripoff thinking that I could actually have my URL submitted to "over 800,000 search engines" and that I would generate some profit through the many searches that people would pull up. Turns out I still have no sales and my URL is NOT on any search engines other than what I've submitted myself. Here's another quote from their website:

"DON'T WORRY, WE CAN HELP!
We'll carefully submit your website URL to over 800,000 search engines and directories immediately!"

...Yes, don't worry, they will help take money from you and rip you off because they don't actually perform any service for you other than making you bend over, grab your ankles, and take it in the butt.

I did a WHOis check @ www.directnic.com to see who registed the domain name "SearchEngineRankingService.com" and what do ya know...its the same guy as VMC Satellite...RICK RAHIM. (Note: for those of you that don't already know, a WHOis check is a database that contains information on the person/organization that registered a URL/domain name).

As if selling fraudulent services isn't enough... VMC sells business cards, tshirts, hats, stickers, door hangers, and all sorts of other promotion material to its affiliates so in turn the affiliate can hope to generate more sales and make more money. However, what really happens is you purchase the promotional junk from VMC and give it out to people and walk around handing your door hangers and wearing your tshirt, but you aren't going to get paid for any sales you lead to VMC. VMC only sells those items to make an additional profit. Looks like ol' Rick has a nice scam going here. I'm sure there's more fraudulent services that he offers in connection with VMC Satellite but only those who investigate or fall for the scams will know of them.

I sent an e-mail to the specified SUPPOR TEAM email address (which just happens to be "SUPPORT" with the '@' sign, followed by "SearchEngineRankingService.com") explaining that I did not find thier services to be satisfactory in the least and requested they give me a refund of $29.99 at once. I got a reply that read:

We have performed the work you requested. We cannot provide a refund.

Sincerely,
Support Team
SearchEngineRankingService.com
]]

I guess I requested for them to take my money and not do anything for me right? I guess that's what I paid for eh... I don't think so.

Rick Rahim, VMC Satellite, Search Engine Ranking Service, and all affiliated parties are nothing but frauds Make sure that you investigate services/businesses beforehand to avoid being ripped-off.

Jon
Osceola, Indiana

Click here to read other Rip Off Reports on VMC Satellite

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 03/18/2005 09:50 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Search-Engine-Ranking-Service-VMC-Satellite-Rick-Rahim-James-Leftwich/Great-Falls-Virginia-22066/Search-Engine-Ranking-Service-VMC-Satellite-Rick-Rahim-James-Leftwich-ripoff-fraud-frau-135502. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Search Engine Ranking Service, VMC Satellite, Rick Rahim, James Leftwich

Rick Rahim Convicted Felon up to his next SCAM

AUTHOR: John Williams - ()

It's not bad enough that convicted felon Rick Rahim of businessventures.com is out scamming the world with his fraudulent satellite tv services, his fake online better bureau website , impersonating an officer of the law with his chopper painted like our local sherrifs office colors and wears a badge playing police man trying to get kids to ride his chopper when he is a convicted felon several times over ((it's not a rumor  it's public record) he's been convicted of obtaining money through false pretenses he's been convicted of obtaining property through false pretenses he's been convicted of illegal gambling operations in his home, he's been convicted of possession and transporting fire arms by a convicted felon! he Has plead guilty to all of the above again public record. He has a total of 16 known judgments against him to date, and many more in the works.... the list goes on and on! And now this joker is writing a children's book!!! And selling his autograph???!!!!! Can you believe it?.... Go to his newest of hundreds of scamming websites called thinkonbooks.com and see it now "way up high is the big blue sky" but I recommend you don't give him your credit card information you will end up regretting it! who in their right mind would give a convicted felon, an illegal gambler and a fraud with six (6) known allias their credit card information and feel comfortable? Google him and you'll see! The only positive things you'll find is what he has written about himself through his company owned websites! Dig deeper and learn the truth like I did. It's all on the internet, he's fraud end and scammed myself and others on the internet hiding behind his keyboard at his desk in great falls, va bragging about how rich he is, but in fact has not satisfied his debts and outstanding judgments against him. Do the math... Run away from the shady scams of Rick Rahim Tariqe Rahim or Barry Clark Santa clause or whatever name he is using. He is a SCAM and a FRAUD

Rick Rahims Project Lifesaver SCAM to collect money

AUTHOR: John W - ()

truth of the matter is he is no longer affiliated with project lifesaver ive done my research there trying to have him to remove the websites he has built to illeagally ccollect money and donations for them which he himself is putting in his own greedy pocket. how do i know this? ive read the artical that was written online in the washington area newspaper and i CALLED the reporter who wrote it. period and flat line hes a CROOK

Other Rahim associations

AUTHOR: threehearts - (USA)

Just so everyone is aware also, Rahim is also affiliated with Project Lifesaver International. He is one of their main funders and is in some capacity responsible for aspects of their finances or in charge of managing donaitons. Ironic!

#4 Consumer Suggestion

Wow, this is BULL!

AUTHOR: Lauren - (U.S.A.)

Hello, My name is Lauren and I own (((link redacted))). I have been a VMC affiliate since 2002 and I can tell you (and prove) from my experiences with VMC that it is untrue to claim that they do not pay affiliates!

Not only have I gotten paid for MY sales, but also made a lot of money for affiliates under me!

I do not have any experience with their search engine submission service, BUT as an experienced SEO consultant myself, it seems to me that MANY people confuse the word SUBMISSION with RANKINGS. If you paid to be submitted, you probably were. Submitting your url to search engines means nothing. If they guaranteed you top rankings and you didn't get it, that is something else entirely.

Either way, good luck.

#5 Consumer Suggestion

Fax #703-324-3900

The more that people report VMC, and it's various scams, the sooner they will be shut down. Plus, you may actually get you money back!

#6 Consumer Suggestion

#7 Consumer Suggestion

#8 Consumer Suggestion

VMC SATELLITE/ SEARCH ENGINE RANKING

AUTHOR: Gary - (U.S.A.)

I came across an add on the internet one day make 50.00 for each satellite you give away it doesn't cost anything to join.

So I joined the company was VMC SATELLITE, After joining I started receiving emails from this company one was about search engine ranking pay 29.99 to have your URL sent to over 800,000 search engine's to increase your sales.

Well after I fell for this scam I did a check about 3 to 4 weeks after and didn't find my url nowhere except for the ones I sent to the free sites.

I contacted search engine ranking by email and they told me a bunch of lies, I findly blessed them out and told them I would sue them in small claims court to get my money back.

The next day I tryed to check my VMC url account to see if I had any sales and it said my url was invalid because I violated spam policy.

When I called VMC they told me Im no longer a saler for them because I threaten to sue search engine ranking.

Which I did a check and also found out they are owned by the same company and that they aren't sending your url to search engines but only pocketing the money or using it for there own submissions.

I suggest filing a complaint with the local attorney generals office also with the bank in which funds were transferred because this is considered bank fraud and also find an attorney to file a class action lawsuit to stop this fraud.

Or file a claim in small claims court in the county in which you reside.

#10 Consumer Suggestion

New name "SUBMISSION MAGIC"

AUTHOR: Joey - (U.S.A.)

I've gotta tell ya, I love this place. I was reading through some email and off to the side of the screen was a small ad that read "turn $35 into $12,000 per month". I clicked on it and what do you know I could make tons of $$ referring people to the "Dish" network. Uhmmm...let's check this out, so I clicked on my old trusty "rip off report" website, typed in the name given "SUBMISSION MAGIC" nothing found....uhmmm.....lets go to their contact page and see who they really are. What do you know, they're "VMC". Ran a check on that name and guess what....not a good company. Thanks for saving me time and money. By the way, new name to watch out for "SUBMISSION MAGIC".