Complaint Review: Search Engine Start Up.Com

• Submitted: Fri, May 28, 2010
  • Updated: Tue, December 21, 2010

• Reported By: Beth — San Diego California USA
Search Engine Start Up.Com

Search Engine Start Up.Com searchenginestartup.com SCAM, LIES, WILL TAKE YOUR MONEY, DOES NOT DELIVER SERVICE! Internet

*Consumer Suggestion: SearchEngineStartup.com & SearchEnginesetup.com

THIS IS ANOTHER SEARCH ENGINE COMPANY RUNNING A SCAM!

I setup a new website for my company, registered a name etc. I have a in house computer admin who does all of my website admin work. Today I received a call from the company named here: searchenginestartup.com, They told me that I needed to hire them to get my new website listed in all the major search engines. He said I needed to hurry before I would get blocked out by other companies. He gave me this discount code that would save me $99.00 on the setup fee.

I looked into this company, just another scam run over the internet. The website has 3 plans to buy, and you pay every month. What the company or the guy on the phone did not do was look to see If I was already listed in the search engine...and YES I am! But best of all, it does not cost me 30 bucks a month to keep it there...this is their scam!

I looked into the company, here is their information:

Brent Oxley (support@hostgator.com)
1-713-574-5287
11251 Northwest Fwy suite 400
Houston, TX 77092
US

The guy on the phone told me they have been doing this for over 10 years...The domain has only been online since Nov, 2009...Lies of the scam!

DON'T DO BUSINESS WITH THEM, DON'T GIVE OUT YOUR CREDIT CARD!

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 05/28/2010 02:20 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Search-Engine-Start-UpCom/internet/Search-Engine-Start-UpCom-searchenginestartupcom-SCAM-LIES-WILL-TAKE-YOUR-MONEY-DOES-608288. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Search Engine Start Up.Com

#1 Consumer Suggestion

SearchEngineStartup.com & SearchEnginesetup.com

AUTHOR: Search Scam Buster - (United States of America)

Searchenginesetup.com & Searchenginestartup.comare both the same website, and you will notice there is no contact phone number on the site or actual physical address. The building on the main page of the website is not there office. It is actually run out of houses by Nick Angell from what i hear ant they seem to be reliable who used to run a similar scheme with his brotherDouglas Hagertycalled Educated Mindshttp://educatedminds.com. but from what i hear they started ripping each other of and quit doing business together they are both located in washington state.

If you feel you have been mislead then here are some steps to follow.

1. Contact your credit card company A.S.A.P

2. Contact the State Attorney Generals Office to help prevent it from happening to someone else.

3. Follow up your complaint with BBB.

Washington is taking this serious so your complaint will not go unheard.