Complaint Review: Search Parts.com

• Updated: Fri, May 18, 2012

• Reported By: debi — Las Vegas Nevada USA
Search Parts.com
11554 Davis Creek Ct. Jacksonville, Florida United States of America

Search Parts.com National Parts LLC,Automotive Electronic Solutions took my order,my $,forgot to ship part out,rec'd part 11 days later, wrong part, shipped back, won't refund my $. Jacksonville, Florida

4-30-12 ordered a electronic control module from a co. on the internet. 5-3-12 rec'd part, put the part in,the car started but ABS light came on,looked on computer for another co. to order, this company came up on computer as a "pop up".  I called National Parts & spk w. "Dustin", explained just what happend and he stated that the "module was not programmed for my car"(since they did not take my VIN# and mileage for them to program it right to my car). Decided to order part fr. above co, he asked how much I was charged fr. 1st co. I told him and then he said he would charge me $316.50 w free shipping.  So, I ordered the module fr. him, gave him credit card info, and the VIN# along w current mileage to car.

After I "checked out" online I printed receipt, and that's when a description was printed stating "programming will have to be done by a qualified tech".  He never said anything about this to me.  On 5/9/12 still no part rec'd, so I called his # direct, n/a, left message on voicemail 7:00 am pst. I called back 1 hr later and he said "let me go to shipping dept. and see what happend, I will call you back in a couple of minutes". 2 hrs later I called again, n/a, left message. So I emailed him, he called me right back and said it was "sitting in shipping shelf, never mailed out" I got upset and called co. back asking for Parts Mgr. He called me back,I told him I wanted it shipped overnite or a refund. I was very nice this whole time but patience wearing very thin (car still not running)  5-11-12 rec'd part, husband put it in and car would not start!Called co. n/a, left message on voicemail, emailed right away, he answered me back with "did I program security system? He never said anything like that to me upon ordering. 5-11-12 mailed part back with signature confirmation request via USPS.They rec'd part back 5-14-12, and on 5-16-12 I emailed them "where is my refund".Parts mgr called me and said he will NOT refund any $.

So-they have my $, my part back and my car is still not working. He said since I installed it nop $ back.

Yes, we tried to install it but it will not start my car. Won't take my phone calls and now won't email me back.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 05/18/2012 02:48 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Search-Partscom/Jacksonville-Florida-32256/Search-Partscom-National-Parts-LLCAutomotive-Electronic-Solutions-took-my-ordermy-for-884783. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Search Parts.com