Complaint Review: SearchbyPhone Powered by Intelius

• Submitted: Tue, January 03, 2012
  • Updated: Thu, January 05, 2012

• Reported By: TX Mary — Houston Texas United States of America
SearchbyPhone Powered by Intelius

SearchbyPhone Powered by Intelius Provided no information....rip off Internet, Internet

*REBUTTAL Individual responds: Wow they did that for you ?

*Author of original report: Agreed to a refund

I purchased a reverse look up of a phone number.  The ad said that if no information is available I would not be charged.  They provided no information other than it was a cell phone located in a state and county.  Both of those things are available on several internet sites for no charge.

Next it indicated that for an additional addon, they could provide an address check.  No new information provided and they collected another $4.95.  This is a complete ripoff

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 01/03/2012 12:23 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/SearchbyPhone-Powered-by-Intelius/internet/SearchbyPhone-Powered-by-Intelius-Provided-no-informationrip-off-Internet-Internet-817316. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on SearchbyPhone Powered by Intelius

#1 REBUTTAL Individual responds

Wow they did that for you ?

AUTHOR: Get On with It - (USA)

I know exactly how you feel.I too paid that, they ran my card 7 times in one day by mistake, they refunded me the money but I had to wait more the 4 to 5 business day's

Also stay clear from Vonage, they are a joke. was told I need a highspeed internet to access, found out it is cheaper to stay with comcast triple pack by at least 30.00

Agreed to a refund

AUTHOR: TX Mary - (United States of America)

After my note to you yesterday, I received the following this morning.  The first customer service person I spoke with would not help at all so I was pleasantly suprised when I received this note.

Hello,

Thank you for contacting Intelius Customer Support.  We apologize for the lack of information in your Phone Search.  Given that this report was incomplete, we have submitted a refund request in the amount of $4.99 and $4.95.

Please allow 7-10 business days for the refund to process.  We apologize for any inconvenience and appreciate your patience.

Renee