Complaint Review: Sears

• Reported By: Ringoslade — avon park Florida
Sears
sebring, Florida USA

Sears PAY ME NOW and plug it in in 24hrs and it will work then. sebring Florida

*REBUTTAL Owner of company: Sears PAY ME NOW and plug it in in 24hrs and it will work then. sebring Florida

Called Sears to fix my refrigerator because it was not getting cold , they said that it was out of warranty and I would have to pay out of pocket.  I told them to come anyway and a young guy shows up and concludes that the coils in freezer are frozen over and not defrosting which kept the refrigerator from getting cold and this was caused by a faulty relay switch.  I agreed to the price to repair the refrigerator.

The repair guy starts to replace the bad part and I go look for a hair dryer to melt the iced coils,  he says they use a heat gun to melt the iced up coils.  He replaces the part puts everything back together without melting the ice on coils and tells me to wait 24hrs then plug it back in and it will work.  Then he charges me $275.00 and leaves.  24hrs later I plug it back in and guess what?  It still doesn't work!

It is Friday afternoon now and I called Sears and they scheduled me for the next Wednesday between 8am to 5pm (must be nice to give people a 9hr window).

My whole point is that how you charge someone $275.00 to repair something that you do not know if it is repaired or not? The guy should have melted the frozen coils with his heat gun and then made sure it was working before he left.  Because he was in a hurry what did he care if I went another 24hrs without a fridgerator, which turned into another 5 days.  By the 5 day I got so mad about the whole thing I called another company to come out and fix it.  Turns out the idiot had forgoten to plug some plug back in that he had unplugged while checking it.

I contacted Sears to try and get some of my money back and they told me that I had called 1-GOB-END-OVER and I was not getting any refund.  NEVER EVER CALL SEARS(1-GOB-END-OVER) TO REPAIR ANYTHING.  Call a local company that actually has a little integrity.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 01/03/2014 04:49 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Sears-/sebring-Florida-33871/Sears-PAY-ME-NOW-and-plug-it-in-in-24hrs-and-it-will-work-then-sebring-Florida-1112745. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Sears

#1 REBUTTAL Owner of company

Sears PAY ME NOW and plug it in in 24hrs and it will work then. sebring Florida

AUTHOR: Sears Cares - ()

Hi Ringoslade,

Thank you for making us aware of all that occurred with your refrigerator repair.  By what you’ve described we can definitely see how this turned out to be so disappointing for you.  My name is Brian and I am a member of the Sears Social Media Support team.  I would like to take this time to offer our assistance.  We would be happy to put you in contact with a case manager who will pass feedback along to the proper management team and address your concerns.  Please send the following information – contact #, the name and phone # used at time of purchase, as well as the screen name (Ringoslade), to reference your post to smadvisor@searshc.com.  Again, thank you for taking time to bring this matter to our attention; we look forward to speaking with you soon.

Brian R.