Complaint Review: Sears Air Duct Cleaning

• Updated: Thu, February 13, 2014

• Reported By: apr — Bronx New York
Sears Air Duct Cleaning
Main office 703-339-5888 , Select State/Province USA

Sears Air Duct Cleaning Main office 703-339-5888 Sears Air Duct Cleaning Territory No 4028 Va or MD

*REBUTTAL Owner of company: Sears Air Duct Cleaning

I recently purchased a home and decided to get my Vents and Air Ducts cleaned out. I decided to go with Sears because of the specials they were offering. 3 specialist came out to start on the job, one technician decided that I would need to get my motor blown out and to get all vents cleaned. I agreed because he made sense on getting all vents cleaned instead of 10. The price was to be 179.99 plus the cost to use the suction system to blow dust off front of motor. Once it was all said and done, my total came to 519 from 179.99 plus motor. on the invoice he charged me for 10 vents (99.00) plus 8 additional vents (160) instead of 179.99. When I deduct the 179.99 from 519 he charged me nearly 300.00 just to blow dust off the motor..which took no more than 10 min. It was a total ripoff because they only took the vent covers off in my bedroom and the main vent on main floor. all 16 vents they just stuck the suction system in between the vent holes. I am very dispappointed with the job Sears from 703-339-5888 have done. The representatives I spoke with refused to calculate and understand I was being charged seperately for vent cleaning when I should have been charged the special which is on Sears Air Duct Cleaning website. the blowing the dust off my motor was a total ripoff. I couldve done that with my vaccum. Very disappointed at the work and will dispute charges.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 02/13/2014 12:39 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Sears-Air-Duct-Cleaning/Select-StateProvince/Sears-Air-Duct-Cleaning-Main-office-703-339-5888-Sears-Air-Duct-Cleaning-Territory-No-402-1123362. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Sears Air Duct Cleaning

#1 REBUTTAL Owner of company

Sears Air Duct Cleaning

AUTHOR: Sears Cares - ()

Dear apr,

Thank you for taking the time to post expressing your concerns with your duct cleaning services, we can see the points you expressed are a great concern to you. My Name is Mina with the Social Media Support team. We are truly sorry to hear that we missed your expectations with regards to your cleaning services provided by our technician. After reading your post I would like to our assistance to discuss your concerns. At your earliest convenience, please send the following information – contact #, the name and phone # used at time of purchase, as well as the screen name I have assigned to reference your post (apr), to smadvisor@searshc.com and a case manager will contact you directly.  Again, we appreciate your post and we look forward to speaking with you soon.

Mina H