Complaint Review: Sears Appliance Repair Service

• Submitted: Fri, April 09, 2010
  • Updated: Fri, April 09, 2010

• Reported By: BrianinSC — Hanahan South Carolina United States of America
Sears Appliance Repair Service

Sears Appliance Repair Service Sears Repair Center Sears Repair Price Gouging Internet

I called Sears repair department to come fix an ice maker that wasn't making ice. The technican quoted me over $300.00 to fix the ice maker. I assumed it would take quite a while to fix the problem and authorized the repair. The technician fixed the problem and was out the door in under 50 minutes. The labor charges were $208.00. I don't know anyone that makes over $200.00 an hour. I called sears to complain and received the following response:

"The labor rates are established by the company based on the job codes entered by the technician. The technician does not put in labor charges, only the job codes(s) for the work he does. The computer inputs the actual labor charge for each job code. The technician is required to charge the amount shown on his computer for parts and labor. By the way, our labor rates are well in line with other reputable repair companies, especially since we offer a 90 day guarantee on our repairs."

I asked for a partial refund of the labor charge but was refused. I will NOT EVER use Sears again. I recommend you call a local appliance repair company. I wish I had

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 04/09/2010 11:51 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Sears-Appliance-Repair-Service/internet/Sears-Appliance-Repair-Service-Sears-Repair-Center-Sears-Repair-Price-Gouging-Internet-591363. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Sears Appliance Repair Service