Complaint Review: Sears Appliances And Service

• Updated: Tue, January 19, 2010

• Reported By: Blair — Lake Forest Illinois United States of America
Sears Appliances And Service
Vernon Hills, Illinois Internet United States of America

Sears Appliances And Service They promised they would beat any online price I came up with as long as it was a legitimate company, Internet

I first started looking for a washer and dryer and gathered price information from legitmate online companies. I also wanted to check my local retailers for the identical products. I went to Sears and met with a salesman named Francis Xavier. I showed him my prices and he guaranteed that he would "beat them" when I was ready to buy. After searching further, I went into the store and met with him. He then explained that yes, the company I compared with Sears was legitimate however that they sold a different service plan, which upped the price over $300 more.

He also did not include the price of sales tax, which he said was extra AND WOULD NOT MATCH. Besides being several hundred $$$ over the initial sticker price, Francis really didn't care because in his words "Sears was a better company" thus it beat it by that alone. My complaint in essence is that Sears will not beat or even price match and that sales tax IS an important element in the final price. What ultimately happened was that my local Home Depot beat the price and INCLUDED SALES TAX. People should be aware that Sears makes advertising claims that they don't intend to keep.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 01/19/2010 11:19 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Sears-Appliances-And-Service/internet/Sears-Appliances-And-Service-They-promised-they-would-beat-any-online-price-I-came-up-wit-556748. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Sears Appliances And Service