Complaint Review: Sears Auto Center

• Submitted: Thu, December 17, 2009
  • Updated: Thu, December 17, 2009

• Reported By: Denny — Florence Alabama U.S.A.
Sears Auto Center
4003 Cleveland Ave Ft Myers, Florida United States of America

Sears Auto Center Job not done properly and extremely poor customer service Ft Myers, Florida

On 12/04/2009, I contracted with SEARS Automotive in Ft Myers to replace the rear brakes on my vehicle - (W/O4229476.  The actual repair took 1.5 hours longer than committed.  On the way home, there was a horrible metal on metal sound imitating from my left rear brake.  I returned the vehicle to SEARS and was told, after 1.5 hours, they made a mistake and bent the plate behind the wheel and it caused the sound.  On 12/17, I noticed a brown oxide looking residue on the same wheel.  I took the car in today, 12/18, and asked the manager to have a look at the substance and let me know if it was a problem or not.  His attitude was obnoxious, hurried and absolutely unprofessional.  His interpersonal skills are pitiful.  He told me that I'd have to wait in line for another 1.5 hours before some could look at the wheel - even though this was my third time in for the same problem.  He is clearly above his "pay grade" as a manager, and should not be dealing with the public in any form or fashion.  In fact, this guy needs to be terminated.  In  the meantime, I still have a potential brake problem that I hope is not catastrophic for my wife and I.

SEARS has been our "go to" place for all our automotive needs.  This will no longer be the case - ever again.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 12/17/2009 01:49 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Sears-Auto-Center/Ft-Myers-Florida-33901/Sears-Auto-Center-Job-not-done-properly-and-extremely-poor-customer-service-Ft-Myers-Flo-541250. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Sears Auto Center