Complaint Review: Sears Auto Center

• Reported By: JS — Mastic New York United States of America
Sears Auto Center
6444 Sears - 4 Smithhaven Mall Lake Grove, New York United States of America

Sears Auto Center Unorganized Staff in Lake Grove, New York

I would like to voice a complaint about the Sears Auto in Lake Grove, NY.

4/10/11 -10 am:  Went in for a new battery and was told that the alternator was weak. Service rep. #1 ordered alternator from auto parts store, told me it costs $200 and to call back tomorrow.

4/11/11 - 9:30 am: Called Sears Auto and Service rep. #1 had not yet heard from the auto parts store.
4 pm: Called Sears Auto and Service rep #2 told me hell look into it and call me back. He didnt call back.

6 pm: Called again and Service rep #2 informed me that the alternator arrived at the auto parts store and to bring vehicle to Sears Auto so they can have the part delivered.
I told him Id be in at 8 am sharp.

4/12/11 - 8 am: Service rep #3 had absolutely no record that an alternator was ordered for my vehicle, nor did he know what auto parts store was called in the first place.

Why didnt Service rep #1 or Service rep #2 document any of that information?

Seeing my frustration he (#3) retreats to the managers office, comes back out and tells me: Weve got one accessible for $275 and it can be delivered this morning. I complained about the price difference and he shrugged.  He tried to contact Service rep #2 by phone no luck.

I almost left and probably should have.

11:40 am: Alternator finally arrives!! The installation took longer than expected due to a hole that was somehow stripped and hindered the fastening of a bolt.

1 pm: Finally got out of there!

It really blew me away that nobody knew what the heck was going on and that the alternator was more money.

Unless theres a problem with the new battery or alternator, I will NEVER go back to Sears Auto!!!

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 04/12/2011 03:08 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Sears-Auto-Center/Lake-Grove-New-York-11755/Sears-Auto-Center-Unorganized-Staff-in-Lake-Grove-New-York-716832. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Sears Auto Center