Complaint Review: Sears Auto Center

• Updated: Sat, July 21, 2012

• Reported By: p — largo Florida United States of America
Sears Auto Center
27001 US HWY 19 N Clearwater FL Internet United States of America

Sears Auto Center Guaranteed me that I was safe when in reality I was in danger , Internet

I brought my SUV in because of my car shaking when I was driving. I was explained by Sears I needed an alignment so I paid $80 for it. Next day still shaky. Called and was advised to bring it back in. Then I was told I needed to rotate my tires and it would be free.

I explained to them how important it is for my car to be safe because of my two little ones. I was promised to be looked out for and since my husband was military that I wouldn't have to pay for the rotation of tires.

Next day car it's still shaky. So I decide to get a second opinion at the Rainbow Muffler off S. Belcher in Clearwater. They were kind enough to show me what was really going on. My drivers side tire rod was completely shot and rusty. I had four nails in my tires and my thread was almost all gone on all tires. I was advised that I should of never gotten an alignment done and that I should of been highly recommended to buy new tires, get my tire rod changed up and then the alignment.

I was hurt, sad and then mad. I called Sears to explain and they told me I needed to bring my car back so they could check it out. I did and when it was checked out I was simply given an apology with a refund for the aligment. That was it! And yes I did or do expect a lot more coming for a supposably legit, caring company, as they call them selves. When I left the store I over heard another women at the counter literally arguing with the clerk about her breaks STILL not working probably. This just shows you the true agenda Sears have. I have left 2 messages for the manager to call me back and nothing. Nobody wants to do anything about this and I am left with no choice but to go corporate.

There is absolutely no excuse for a mechanical shop such as Sears to act in such a profound UN-professinaol matter with no remorse emotions when they have made an incredible huge mistake! Older people go to them because for some odd reason they think they are in good hands. They have no patience to see if there is still a problem and most of them don't even have access to check the net references. Somebody needs to do something about this crisis that could someday turn into a tragedy and take a life.

I am in the hopes that I can get a hold of someone who will speak to the mechanic and maybe release him from his duty. I am not going to give in on this one.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 07/21/2012 11:18 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Sears-Auto-Center/internet/Sears-Auto-Center-Guaranteed-me-that-I-was-safe-when-in-reality-I-was-in-danger-Interne-915407. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Sears Auto Center