Complaint Review: Sears Auto Service

• Submitted: Fri, April 04, 2008
  • Updated: Fri, April 04, 2008

• Reported By:Peabody Massachusetts
Sears Auto Service
1208 Broadway Saugus, Massachusetts U.S.A.

Sears Auto Service Sears wanted to replace parts in my car that did not need replacing. Saugus Massachusetts

On 4/4/08 I brought my 2000 Ford ranger to Sears auto service for a new pair of front tires and an allienment. The service man picked out a very expensive set of tires that were not suited for my vehicle. It took me 10 minutes trying to sway the salesman into replacing the tires with the same brand and model as my old tires (which sears had in stock) that were $40 cheaper than the ones he was pushing on me.

One hour after I dropped the truck off I got a call from sears telling me I needed new front shocks and a ball joint for @ $250. I could only chuckle at the salesman at first. I had replaces the shocks myself just 2 months before. So my next question was do I really need a ball joint?

Fortunatly for me I know enough about cars not to fall into these scams sears tries to pull off. I can only wonder about all the poor people who really beleive those guys.

Peabody, Massachusetts

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 04/04/2008 06:15 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Sears-Auto-Service/Saugus-Massachusetts/Sears-Auto-Service-Sears-wanted-to-replace-parts-in-my-car-that-did-not-need-replacing-Sa-323586. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Sears Auto Service