Complaint Review: Sears Automotive - Brea, CA

• Updated: Wed, September 04, 2013

• Reported By: Gidget — La Puente California
Sears Automotive - Brea, CA
100 Brea Makk Brea, California USA

Sears Automotive - Brea, California Battery Replacement leads to 4 hour Pursuit of Truth Brea California

11:45 am Tuesday morning k- my lunch break from work .

Arrive at the Sears Auto Center to get my battery checked and probably replaced.

First in Line .  Another gentleman shows up about 5 minutes later.

Checked in at 11:56am and told 30 minutes - it turns into 1.5 hours AND I am told that my alternator needs replacing.

My car is 2008 scion xd with just over 60k miles on it - and I have the platinum extended warranty at the dealership!

I get back to work with a new battery and bad alternator - my fellow employees tell me to get it over to the dealer and have them check it - if I have to replace it with them it's $100.00.

Left work yet again - and spent a total of 2.5 hours getting to the dealer, listening to them telling me everything is alright with the alternator, I do not need to replace it.

So now I am little more than angry - I have lost 4 hours of work - I am an hourly employee. [continued below]....

.....

I review my receipt and no where on the documentation does it stare I need my alternator replaced - so I called last night and had them adjust the paperwork which I picked up today at lunch.

NOW what ?

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 09/04/2013 03:43 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Sears-Automotive-Brea-CA/Brea-California-92821/Sears-Automotive-Brea-California-Battery-Replacement-leads-to-4-hour-Pursuit-of-Truth-1081693. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Sears Automotive - Brea, CA