Complaint Review: Sears Automotive Center

• Updated: Fri, July 20, 2012

• Reported By: Frank — Lowell Massachusetts United States of America
Sears Automotive Center
77 Rockingham Park Blvd Salen, New Hampshire United States of America

Sears Automotive Center Sears Auto Center at Rockingham Mall After Wheel alignment, the mechanic didn't put my brakes back on totally. Salen, New Hampshire

Went to Sears Auto Center in Salem NH to get 4 tires.  I knew I needed an alingment so I go that done too.  I was called 30 minutes later and told I need a new upper/lowe ball joint on the left side. I could do it myself, but I figured I just have them do it.  That brought the total bill, (4 tires, alignment, upper/lower ball joint left side) up to $1,100.00.  So I just had them do it.  I get the truck back and I meet the mechanic who says, "your brakes are really low!".   I pay, get in the car and drive away and he wasn't kidding.  The brakes were MUCH worse than when I drove in there.  Being able to do my own auto repairs, a couple days later I put the car up on the jack and I looked at the front brake caliper.  It was barely attached with the two bolts that hold it on.  One bolt was totally not threaded in, and the other was only lightly tighted.  So that left side brake caliper was doing practically nothing.  That was on the left side where he worked on the Upper/Lower ball joint.  So he took that whole side apart and forgot to put the brakes bake together basically.  What gets me is, you pay $1100.00 for work, the mechanic himself drove the car in, then he drove it out too.  AND he didn't notice that the brakes were severly worse?  Sounds like a bit of an "ID 10 T" to me.   This is why I like doing my own repairs...I can trust myself.  Another thing I'll have to watch is that it sounds like my left side Hub bearing is making noises.  It's hard to tell because the tires I purchased have a deep tread so they make noise themselves.  But if the hub bearing gets worse and makes more noise I'll know they messed that up to which has to be removed to do the Upper/lower ball joints.  You just need these sorts of thigns to happen every once in a while to remind you why you should either do the work yourself, or go to a mechanic you can trust.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 07/20/2012 09:11 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Sears-Automotive-Center/Salen-New-Hampshire-03079/Sears-Automotive-Center-Sears-Auto-Center-at-Rockingham-Mall-After-Wheel-alignment-the-me-914897. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Sears Automotive Center