Complaint Review: Sears Card, Citibank, Resurgence Capital, Allied Interstate

• Submitted: Sat, November 03, 2007
  • Updated: Sat, November 03, 2007

• Reported By:post falls Idaho
Sears Card, Citibank, Resurgence Capital, Allied Interstate
P.O. Box 6564 Greenville, South Carolina U.S.A.

Sears Card, Citibank, Resurgence Capital, Allied Interstate sears card aka citibank rip off, not processing payment to charge extra interest and late fees after the account was closed Greenville South Carolina

On Oct. 25 of 2005 I was shopping for levis in the Sears store when advised by the sales assistant to open a Sears card and as an incentive recieve 15% off my purchase. I was advised that I could pay this charge off as soon as I got home if that was my wish, and avoid any interest charges. So, in November 2005 I called Sears card and made payment by phone of $174 to clear and close the account immediately and informed them that I was going abroard for some considerable time when they asked me why I was closing the account. I was out of the country for 2 years and now that I have returned home I recieved a letter from Allied Interstate stating that I owe them $233.

I called Sears card and they transferred me to Citibank who say they knew nothing about this account as it had been sold to Resurgent Capital, the owner of Allied Interstate. I contacted my bank to make sure that the payment had been made.They informed me that Citibank did not process my payment, made in November, until the end of December in order to charge interest and compile late fees for months, while I was out of the country. Then further insulted me by selling a debt that I never incurred with them to a sleazy bill collector. Is this my welcome home from my countrymen? I am now being threatened that Resurgent Capital will add further fees and whatever else they like to $233 that I did not owe in the first place to Citibank. I need assistance on what my rights are and how to deal with these sleazy thieves. Before I went abroard I had excellent credit and still would but for these SCUMBAGS.

Carah
post falls, Idaho

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 11/03/2007 01:04 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Sears-Card-Citibank-Resurgence-Capital-Allied-Interstate/Greenville-South-Carolina-92603/Sears-Card-Citibank-Resurgence-Capital-Allied-Interstate-sears-card-aka-citibank-rip-of-282729. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Sears Card, Citibank, Resurgence Capital, Allied Interstate