Complaint Review: Sears Card, Citibank, Resurgence Capital, Allied Interstate

• Updated: Wed, September 16, 2009

• Reported By: Disappointed in PA — Glenolden Pennsylvania USA
Sears Card, Citibank, Resurgence Capital, Allied Interstate
www.searscard.com Internet United States of America

Sears Card, Citibank, Resurgence Capital, Allied Interstate Sears Card, Citibank Astronomical Interest Rate 29.99% or close a 10 year account Internet

I have been a Sears Credit customer for over 10 years. This past June I made a purchase on my account, which had previously maintained a zero balance. If I use the card, i make the payment in full the next billing cycle. So it came to my surprise when I opened my statement and see a notice that my account is past due.

I immediately contacted the customer service to inquire about this late fee. Apparently, at the same time I made a promotional purchase, I made a $63 purchase outside the promotional offer. It completely slipped my mind. I made arrangements to pay for the $63.00 charge and they waived the late fee as a one time courtesy.

At the end of the call I asked about having that interest rate lowered, so i had to be transferred. This is where the RIPOFF comes in. I was told that the 11 day late payment triggered the increase in interest and I have two options. Accept the 29.99% interest rate for the next 12 months or Opt out which means "close the account".

So let's get this straight. I have an account in good standing for over 10 years. A human error was made and resulted in an account that is past due by 11 DAYS and I have to either surrender the account or accept the penalty of 29.99% interest.

Beware of Sears Credit Cards.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 09/16/2009 04:59 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Sears-Card-Citibank-Resurgence-Capital-Allied-Interstate/internet/Sears-Card-Citibank-Resurgence-Capital-Allied-Interstate-Sears-Card-Citibank-Astronomi-495982. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Sears Card, Citibank, Resurgence Capital, Allied Interstate