Complaint Review: Sears Carpet & Air Duct Cleaning

• Updated: Tue, March 29, 2011

• Reported By: pronewsguy — Springfield Virginia United States of America
Sears Carpet & Air Duct Cleaning
8922 Telegraph Road Lorton, Virginia United States of America

Sears Carpet & Air Duct Cleaning On 2/26/11 I had this company come to clean my air ducts. First, the price on a coupon I received in the mail is very misleading. They charge for every air duct, even the bath room vents. Anyway, that Cleaned my air ducts but left my heating system unuseable! Lorton, Virginia

On 2/26/11 I had this company come to clean my air ducts. First, the price on a coupon I received in the mail is very misleading. They charge for every air duct, even the bath room vents. Anyway, that night, when the heat came on the unit was making an awful noise, like a motorboat. In the middle of the night my wife and I woke to an awful burning smell. I shut the unit down and on Monday called Sears. It took 3 days to get the VM for the OC person. I was never called back. It took several more days for me to get someone on the phone, and that only happened when I filed a negative survey on line. I was told someone would be out on March 12th. But, the day before I got a call saying the QC manager had an emergency and would reschedule for  Sunday March 13th. Well, after a day of waiting no one showed up. Since then I have written to Sears, to this franchise, etc and have had no response. The other night I tried the heater again and same thing, terrible burning smell. In addition, they sold me an electrostatic air filter, but it's the wrong size. I have this still sitting here and can't use it. I really have no option now but to seek legal recourse. Don't use this company. They will take your money, do shoddy work and run.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 03/29/2011 05:42 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Sears-Carpet-Air-Duct-Cleaning/Lorton-Virginia-22079/Sears-Carpet-Air-Duct-Cleaning-On-22611-I-had-this-company-come-to-clean-my-air-ducts-711354. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Sears Carpet & Air Duct Cleaning