Complaint Review: Sears Carpet & Air Duct Cleaning

• Updated: Fri, August 19, 2011

• Reported By: Jill — Locust Grove Virginia United States of America
Sears Carpet & Air Duct Cleaning
Lorton, Virginia United States of America

Sears Carpet & Air Duct Cleaning Sears Home Services Cleaned Air duct and overcharged and made us sick from the vents. Lorton, Virginia

I hired Sears Air Duct service to come out and clean my vents. The three technicians came and cleaned the vents and then told me I needed a UV light for my furnace because having a sick son with asthma it was essential. He showed me a picture from his cell that he took of black mold all over the furnace. I told him I could not afford the light only the duct cleaning at the time. He became very pushy about getting the coil cleaned and light installed immediately as it was a necessity for my son.  He left and called his supervisor who told me I could post a check for next month and they would complete the service. I explained that if they cashed the post dated check my son would not be able obtain his medicine or see his doctors as we would be bouncing a check. After the technician left, I noticed he put the wrong vent quantity on my invoice. I called their home office in Lorton and was told their quality insurance representative would call me back in 30 minutes. I received no phone call. I call four times in two days with no resolution only that they were busy. I finally checked my bank, due to their unprofessional behavior and the check had been cashed, which wiped out my account. My bank returned their check immediately and I called again to Sears and was told they would call me back, in which they stalled until they closed for the day. My bank credited my account and I will have to change my bank account now due to this shady transaction. I will pay for the work done, however, I am questionable any work was done at this point. The technician when asked to escort to the crawl space to take a picture told me it would not work with his flash? How did he take a picture prior of the mold. I went with this organization as a I trusted they would not scam a single mother. I will see this through, but do not use SEARS they will take advantage of you.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 08/19/2011 09:52 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Sears-Carpet-Air-Duct-Cleaning/Lorton-Virginia-22079/Sears-Carpet-Air-Duct-Cleaning-Sears-Home-Services-Cleaned-Air-duct-and-overcharged-and-767416. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Sears Carpet & Air Duct Cleaning